Former players coming to Seth’s defense

Jonnyeagle

No one has mentioned it yet so I will offer this opinion. This turnaround is probably more about Phil Bennett than SL. SL presides over collapses, not gritty clawing and scratching turnarounds.....or (because of the competition, pseudo-turnarounds). 

It's a bit over the top (Gary Patterson over the top), but I'd prefer something like this from a coach

See the source image

And NO, I am not advocating that SL be shown the door so that the HC job can be given to Phil Bennett.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

#OLDDENTON 

Fans should be happy we have a chance to win 6 games. Should not expect more from a $2M coach in year 6.

With all due respect this is the same as a big dollar donor putting the person before the school. Admirable ex-players are stepping up but it just shows that they put the relationship with Seth above what's best for North Texas

If Seth is replaced and the replacement does worse, would you admit that you put  your animosity towards Seth over what would’ve been best for the university?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

If Seth is replaced and the replacement does worse, would you admit that you put  your animosity towards Seth over what would’ve been best for the university?

So is your position: “be glad with what we have because it could always be worse”

I don’t see anyone with animosity toward Seth Littrell. I’ve seen quite the opposite. Like Seth Littrell. Don’t like Seth Littrell’s 6 season body of work. It’s simply not good enough to get this program where it should go. I’m not going to apologize for not sitting in my place as a Mean Green alum and fan and accepting 6 wins and beating bad teams because we never have. 

People (mostly outsiders that have a certain opinion of UNT) that say I’m lucky to get what I get as a MG fan can piss off. I want more. The University  has invested enough to expect more.  And I want it. 

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Seth has a losing record here. A losing record is a losing record, to me..doesn't matter if it's .499 or .300. He has also brought 0 pieces of hardware. 

The replacement can't do worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

100% no. Just because the next coach may not work out does not mean Seth is the right coach. Again when you talk about the emotions,  we start winning against the worst teams in our schedule and people want to start forgetting the full body of six years of work. Maybe you just actually like complaining and being a under performing program then you would if we won and didn't have as much to complain about?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, greengal said:

I’m no expert but could we not just give Littrell just one more year and see if this progress continues?  

With all due respect what progress? This is the end of Seth's six-year running the program. More resources have been thrown into the program than ever before and we're still getting excited about finishing in the bottom half of the conference

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

100% no. Just because the next coach may not work out does not mean Seth is the right coach. Again when you talk about the emotions,  we start winning against the worst teams in our schedule and people want to start forgetting the full body of six years of work. Maybe you just actually like complaining and being a under performing program then you would if we won and didn't have as much to complain about?

Quite the contrary, people tend to forget the first 3 years and focus only on these last 3. He has done a enough to have 2022. If you pull the trigger on the new coach and it doesn’t work out, you have now set the program back 4 years instead of 1. 

If we were the university of Texas then all our complaints about where we “should be” could be warranted. Historically we have more in common with Kansas than Texas. Let’s not go and replace our Mangino with a Turner Gill.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But Littrell convinced Bennett to come out of retirement to fix the defense. Do you not give him any credit for that? 

We like to rip Littrell for his failed assistant hires so we need to credit him for the ones that work. 

How do you know it wasn't Wren Baker that convinced Bennett to come out of retirement? Remember Baker and the AD @ Baylor (where Bennett last coached) are buds. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Tell that to Todd Dodge.

Dodge was one of the biggest wasted opportunities in the history of North Texas football. Should have never brought him in if he was going to be saddled with a budget that would not allow him to hire decent assistants 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1