DRC: Five thoughts on UNT's win over Florida International

Brett Vito

10 minutes ago, Udomann said:

This week end this week only i'm going deep in the green kool-aid. I've got nothing to lose and booze to be drank. Just gonna have fun and return to my usual anti-mumbles ranting after

It’s fun that the last game of the year has purpose for both teams involved.  UTSA wants to stay undefeated and we want bowl eligibility. I’m hoping for a great atmosphere next Saturday. 
GMG!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We have beat the bottom of the conference teams-"don't be fooled".  UTEP's schedule finally caught up with them. We are no where near where we need to be with a jump in competition coming real soon.  

You could also follow the hypothesis that we are showing significant improvement as the season moves along, which explains how late in the season we have beat teams that beat teams we lost to earlier in the season.  

- We beat Southern Miss and UTEP who who each beat Louisiana Tech

- We beat Rice who beat UAB

Transitive properties are fun. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

If you would of told me closing regular season game would have so much potential for us and for them I would have been shocked a mere month ago. 11.27 is Let It Ride Saturday.

Thank the seniors. Celebrate an incredible Green Brigade, and as one poster said watch history. San Antonio is having a dream season. North Texas is getting its act together. We could roar back and go bowling.

The UTEP atmosphere felt like days of old. A flash of emotion from the past. Glad to see Seth rebuilding his offensive confidence.  PB’s guys playing smart and having fun. Hell everyone seems to be having just a little more fun.

High emotion Move On games like this come around rarely. Ones that I remember are NLU and Marshall playoff games last century. Idaho in the Kibbie Dome to go bowling. This is a big game with an excellent nationally ranked rival coming to our house. Them seeking perfection. Us seeking validation and beating an outstanding program in 2021. Ive never seen UNT beat a ranked team before.

UTEP was good but I felt we would beat the Miners. UTSA seems like a tall order but as another poster said, it’s why you play the game. 

We get to PLAY this game. 

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We have beat the bottom of the conference teams-"don't be fooled".  UTEP's schedule finally caught up with them. We are no where near where we need to be with a jump in competition coming real soon.  

UTEP just won their 7th game yesterday. We can acknowledge they aren’t an elite CUSA while not pretending they are bottom of the conference.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:22 AM, Glory to the Green said:

It’s fun that the last game of the year has purpose for both teams involved.  UTSA wants to stay undefeated and we want bowl eligibility. I’m hoping for a great atmosphere next Saturday. 
GMG!

Best case scenario for us was a NutsaK win on Saturday.  Now let's hope their balloon is deflated just a bit and we're (Aune) peaking at just the right time.

• Lovely Take 1