"Angels of Apogee" Poster

Pseudo Nym

And the actual Angeles MLB team (at least a few years ago) ran out of the dugout to the hit "Calling All Angels" - still get goosebumps thinking about it, not a fan, but an awesome moment, seeing the clean white uniforms with red caps run out to take their position.

I'd say play the song somewhere in the stadium on game day, why not and who knows?  Maybe we'll some attention of the divine!  Can't hurt to try!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I know you’re probably making fun but this team may have an actual angel looking down.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Yeah, it wasn't so much to make fun, although I do see the sarcasm in it, and the joke/fun in it, the jokes have run it's course and we're in the final stage of mourning this season and are in the acceptance phase.....

For me, I've got to have a reason to tune in and believe in something, I made a comment about "beating the spread against UTSA would be.W..... Beating them on the field would be a miracle".... on the game thread.... the poster was a carry on from that and a Gif/Meme I posted there.

So the motivation behind it was really: "ok, well, we need a miracle so why not root for that....." How awesome that would be.... What, other than that, could I get excited about and tune in? (I say that genuinely, and if you don't think we need a miracle, then good on ya mate!)

Similar context (not the same as although idk, probably would be pretty big for us) to larger moments in sports history, the Miracle on Ice, Memorial Day Miracle (Spurs), The Giants catch vs the undefeated Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

I hope that explains it.... Certainly not, in anyway trying to disrespect anyone with it, be it Willie Simmons or Germaine Dawson for that matter, I didn't know Germaine well but knew his GF, and some of his teammates that were close with him.

-----

PS - To whomever made the comment about expecting the dancers/cheerleaders was spot on and funny take!!! lol.

-----

PPS - I really don't think you're going the, "apologize or you're canceled" route with this, but if you are, I'm not going to apologize, and I'll be back on in a few days if more clarification is needed.... back to work for me. GO MEAN GREEN! 

Edited by Pseudo Nym
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Yeah, it wasn't so much to make fun, although I do see the sarcasm in it, and the joke/fun in it, the jokes have run it's course and we're in the final stage of mourning this season and are in the acceptance phase.....

For me, I've got to have a reason to tune in and believe in something, I made a comment about "beating the spread against UTSA would be.W..... Beating them on the field would be a miracle".... on the game thread.... the poster was a carry on from that and a Gif/Meme I posted there.

So the motivation behind it was really: "ok, well, we need a miracle so why not root for that....." How awesome that would be.... What, other than that, could I get excited about and tune in? (I say that genuinely, and if you don't think we need a miracle, then good on ya mate!)

Similar context (not the same as although idk, probably would be pretty big for us) to larger moments in sports history, the Miracle on Ice, Memorial Day Miracle (Spurs), The Giants catch vs the undefeated Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

I hope that explains it.... Certainly not, in anyway trying to disrespect anyone with it, be it Willie Simmons or Germaine Dawson for that matter, I didn't know Germaine well but knew his GF, and some of his teammates that were close with him.

-----

PS - To whomever made the comment about expecting the dancers/cheerleaders was spot on and funny take!!! lol.

-----

PPS - I really don't think you're going the, "apologize or you're canceled" route with this, but if you are, I'm not going to apologize, and I'll be back on in a few days if more clarification is needed.... back to work for me. GO MEAN GREEN! 

I didn’t see anything wrong with what you posted, I was just adding about Simmons because I figured it related to the idea of angels and many people, including myself, forget it happened this year. Many of his signing classmates have already seen the field a bit this year.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Pseudo Nym said:

And the actual Angeles MLB team (at least a few years ago) ran out of the dugout to the hit "Calling All Angels" - still get goosebumps thinking about it, not a fan, but an awesome moment, seeing the clean white uniforms with red caps run out to take their position.

I'd say play the song somewhere in the stadium on game day, why not and who knows?  Maybe we'll some attention of the divine!  Can't hurt to try!

Great song!

• Upvote 1