AP Top 25

BillySee58

It’s a testament to how far this program has come that we are competing with teams at the absolute top of the sport. Beat current No 6 Purdue in the NCAA tourney, lost to current No 5 Villanova (currently beating the brakes off of No 17 Tennessee) in the NCAA tourney, about to play No 3 Kansas. All neutral site games too. Not us heading there to collect a paycheck and take a 30-point loss on the chin.

AP Top 25

RK
TEAM
REC PTS
TREND
GonzagaGONZ(55)
2-0 1517
-
UCLAUCLA(6)
2-0 1450
-
KansasKU
2-0 1400
-
4 2-0 1252
5 1-1 1232
PurduePUR
2-0 1223
7 3-0 1143

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

The next step is to crack the T25 and plant ourselves in it long-term.  Beating the Buffs would have been a step in that direction.

We are very, very close.

I don't see it talked about much, but I wonder if there is a "next step" for Mac on the recruiting end.  Do we get better about roster management? Do we get a high-tier player (4* star or higher)?

Looking forward to see how the next two seasons unfold.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The next step is to crack the T25 and plant ourselves in it long-term.  Beating the Buffs would have been a step in that direction.

We are very, very close.

I don't see it talked about much, but I wonder if there is a "next step" for Mac on the recruiting end.  Do we get better about roster management? Do we get a high-tier player (4* star or higher)?

Looking forward to see how the next two seasons unfold.

I think it's as much about finding the right guys for Mac as much as it is pure talent when you are at our level.  Talent is much more distributed around the country in basketball.  I don't believe the stars mean as much as in football.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

I think it's as much about finding the right guys for Mac as much as it is pure talent when you are at our level.  Talent is much more distributed around the country in basketball.  I don't believe the stars mean as much as in football.

If we put things in this frame, luck becomes part of the discussion.  It's not wrong: you can probably look at one or two Mac signees that were meant to fill areas of need, and ended up as complete air balls.

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s a testament to how far this program has come that we are competing with teams at the absolute top of the sport. Beat current No 6 Purdue in the NCAA tourney, lost to current No 5 Villanova (currently beating the brakes off of No 17 Tennessee) in the NCAA tourney, about to play No 3 Kansas. All neutral site games too. Not us heading there to collect a paycheck and take a 30-point loss on the chin.

AP Top 25

RK
TEAM
REC PTS
TREND
GonzagaGONZ(55)
2-0 1517
-
UCLAUCLA(6)
2-0 1450
-
KansasKU
2-0 1400
-
4 2-0 1252
5 1-1 1232
PurduePUR
2-0 1223
7 3-0 1143

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Between this and the chance to beat a top 25 team at home and go bowling in football make this one of the best weeks in UNT sports. 

side note…. God I wish we were 3-0 heading into the Kansas game. Would have looked real nice on nation tv. 

• Upvote 1