Can someone kick that old Crow Lee Corso off the air?

meangreen11

1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

He is stating on game day that Cincy is not deserving of playoff even if they win out?  What a joke!

We don’t want Cincy to win, do we? Ideally they lose a couple, then beat Houston, and UTSA gets the spot. As much as I dislike UTSA for the sake of the American we need that spot to go to one of our teams, not to the future big 12 member. The reputation of the American as the premier non P5 is hanging by a thread right now. 

edit: I obviously want us to beat UTSA. This post is if we lose to UTSA. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Danish43 said:

Who is he? I never heard of him.

He's been the face of college football on ESPN for decades.  I imagine he's been doing College Gameday from its inception in the '80's.

He was probably best known as the coach at Indiana before that.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

49 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We don’t want Cincy to win, do we? Ideally they lose a couple, then beat Houston, and UTSA gets the spot. As much as I dislike UTSA for the sake of the American we need that spot to go to one of our teams, not to the future big 12 member. The reputation of the American as the premier non P5 is hanging by a thread right now. 

There is a less than zero chance of UTSA jumping up into the top 4, even if they win out

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Speculative Fighting of biased perception is a pointless exercise.  Even if preseason top 25 ranked Louisiana and Coastal Carolina had went undefeated and met in the SBC Championship Game, they would not have made the playoff in unless there were less than TWO P5 Conference Champions with less than 2 losses.  The only formula in a one/two year beating a top team the SEC in there house AND dominating every non-ranked team on your schedule.  Yes it is utter bullshit because the SEC is too chickenshit to play any G5 team they think has a remote chance to beat them.  (Look who Georgia is playing today.  That is a practice exhibition that should only be on TV in Georgia via free antenna TV.  🙄)  So it is virtually impossible.  If by accident you get good enough to beat a top SEC team a year or two before you play they expect a buyout or your head coach to be snatched before that matchup.  So while not actually impossible it is as close as you can get.  But a sliver of hope is better than none.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

He's been the face of college football on ESPN for decades.  I imagine he's been doing College Gameday from its inception in the '80's.

You know things have been tough at your school's football program when fans have to explain to each other who Lee Corso is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1