College GameDay

Hunter Green

In my dreams, if Corso, Herbstreet, Howard and company ever came to Denton for a game, two questions. Who do you think the opponent would/should be and where on campus would they stage it?  Would our student body turn out? Would love to see it in my lifetime!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Realistically Corso only has 1-3 seasons of GameDay left in him.  He's a national treasure but time marches on unfortunately.

1-3 more years?!?! Dude should have been forced to retire 3 years ago. I love Corso, but it’s so uncomfortable watching him stumble through each segment. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

1-3 more years?!?! Dude should have been forced to retire 3 years ago. I love Corso, but it’s so uncomfortable watching him stumble through each segment. 

I don't disagree, but if they don't retire him on the last reg season GameDay next week, I assume they'll keep him around at least for the picking segment till he can't put the mascot head on himself.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

In my dreams, if Corso, Herbstreet, Howard and company ever came to Denton for a game, two questions. Who do you think the opponent would/should be and where on campus would they stage it?  Would our student body turn out? Would love to see it in my lifetime!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Not sure how old you are, but I’d worry about it happening in Corso’s lifetime before your lifetime🤣🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

It would be on the hill on a beautiful fall day in Denton, TX. We will be ranked 10-0 facing ranked 9-1 Memphis and Mean Joe would be the guest picker. I expect this in 2024 after we beat #19 TTech earlier in the year in Lubbock. 

Why Memphis? I don’t get the allure of that matchup.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

It would be on the hill on a beautiful fall day in Denton, TX. We will be ranked 10-0 facing ranked 9-1 Memphis and Mean Joe would be the guest picker. I expect this in 2024 after we beat #19 TTech earlier in the year in Lubbock. 

By the time Game Day comes to Denton, if they broadcast from the Hill, they’ll be doing it from inside the new basketball arena. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

1-3 more years?!?! Dude should have been forced to retire 10 years ago. I love Corso, but it’s so uncomfortable watching him stumble through each segment. 

Fify. 

Every since Corso had a stroke he's been stumbling and mumbling his way through the show. 

GameDay used to be great, it's lost a lot of luster with the shows run time getting longer and longer(but still managing to only talk about the same five games every week). It also really hurt when Chris Fowler left, I like Rece, but he's no Fowler.

• Upvote 3

On 11/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, jtm0097 said:

I am going to say something controversial here, but College GameDay really isn't that great. Corso is old and needs to leave the show. I mainly watch the fox broadcast now.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1