🦅🦅🦅North Texas - FIU💩💩💩 Official Game Thread

Professor Lambeau

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No just hating the fact that year six into Seth tenure and people like you get excited for teams hoping to hit .500

Hey...Im with you. Two bad teams ...one playing real bad. But I want NT to win tonight and next weekend. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What's dumb about this argument is that being 'bowl eligible' is literally just winning half our games. Half of C-USA should be relegated to FCS, and if we were not consistently bowl eligible I'd be worried. I think I'd rather be focused on trying to win our conference & beat strong out of conference teams. Littrell is like 1-4 against La Tech, 0-5 post season, 1-5 against SMU, 1-4 against UAB... This isn't something I'd like to be proud of.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

so beating the bottom feeders of the worst conference in FBS, is stellar leadership while getting whipped by a lower tier SEC, getting trucked by UAB, losing to La Tech playing their 3rd string QB, getting trucked by SMU once they woke up. Yeah that is stellar leadership. I understand players playing protection for coach, but come on year 6 $2 million a year should be worth more than 4&5 win seasons and getting throttled in meaningful games.

SL will be back next year and it will all play out the same way again.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, denton_days said:

What's dumb about this argument is that being 'bowl eligible' is literally just winning half our games. Half of C-USA should be relegated to FCS, and if we were not consistently bowl eligible I'd be worried. I think I'd rather be focused on trying to win our conference & beat strong out of conference teams. Littrell is like 1-4 against La Tech, 0-5 post season, 1-5 against SMU, 1-4 against UAB... This isn't something I'd like to be proud of.

This dude was an anchor on the last bowl-winning team we had. He knows more than most about what it takes.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

This dude was an anchor on the last bowl-winning team we had. He knows more than most about what it takes.

Yeah. He was on the last bowl-winning team we've had. That was before Littrell, who has FIVE bowl appearances. Littrell does not have 'what it takes'. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, untbowler said:

so beating the bottom feeders of the worst conference in FBS, is stellar leadership while getting whipped by a lower tier SEC, getting trucked by UAB, losing to La Tech playing their 3rd string QB, getting trucked by SMU once they work up. Yeah that is stellar leadership. I understand players playing protection for coach, but come on year 6 $2 million a year should be work more than 4&5 win seasons and getting throttled in meaningful games.

SL will be back next year and it will all play out the same way again.

Would you be ok keeping Seth with a salary cut? How about year 7 at $900k? Maybe he won’t lose half his starting skill position players to season ending injury next time.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, denton_days said:

Yeah. He was on the last bowl-winning team we've had. That was before Littrell, who has FIVE bowl appearances. Littrell does not have 'what it takes'. 

Change for change sake, that typically works out well. I prefer to go with the one that is winning with underclassmen without making excuses or just mailing it in.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

Would you be ok keeping Seth with a salary cut? How about year 7 at $900k? Maybe he won’t lose half his starting skill position players to season ending injury next time.

No SL has shown he is not the coach, but keep defending, it is all good. As for him taking a paycut, will never happen with his ego.

Year 6 and he has the same issues present in Year 1, he has not evolved. Tired of the same argument of team is young every year, just like the excuse with WBB, at some point all the injuries and transfer no shows need to be pointed at the HC. The lackluster Asst hires falls on the HC. 

Does not matter though, SL will be back next year barring a 70 pt loss to UTSA.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1