🦅🦅🦅North Texas - FIU💩💩💩 Official Game Thread

Professor Lambeau

2 minutes ago, denton_days said:

Seriously? That's the hill your going to die on? Of course they were talking about the athletic department, but that very much so includes football. Pretty sure it ranks football success as number one or two. 

Pending the Traylor contract, we have the highest paid staff, newest facilities, and have been investing the most in our program, with some of the biggest C-USA plans. Second or third largest budget, biggest growing city, most fertile recruiting grounds....

And we have a roof over our practice facility. Open your eyes man!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Beating the spread would be a W..... Beating UTSA would be, right up there with a miracle by definition:

Miracle (mir·a·cle) /ˈmirək(ə)l/ - a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF*

* This is from a 100% fictionalized movie produced by Disney, take it as you will.

Angels in Apogee..... It could happen!

(CALLING TRADEMARK ON "ANGELS IN APOGEE")

First use in commerce:

UNT Football Angels of Apogee Poster.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, 19GMG said:

Aune plays bad: "Typical Aune. Where’s Kason Martin?"

Plays well: "Not a bad pass but a little more on the outside and that’s 6." 

Teams losing: "Where can we find a quarterback?"

Teams winning: "Just goes to show this team doesn’t need Aune to win."

miserable haters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Show me the lie in those statements

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NT93 said:

If Aune plays close to the level he’s playing at tonight, we can beat UTSA. I would love to be wrong, but I’m just not sure he can play like this against better competition.

He completed 6-12. Fifty percent is our bar for excellence for Aune? I think that says a lot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Overlooked stat, 3 penalties for 35 yards. 

That is the one part where I have real hope that the improvement is real and will also show up against better teams. Primarily because it is part of a trend, and does not appear like a one game blip. If this team had been this disciplined earlier in the season, the LaTech and Liberty games could have been wins.

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

If he only has to drop back 12 times, that would mean we're controlling the game on the ground, and likely winning. 

I can’t argue with your logic but you might have missed my point. It was the only completing half of the passes that concerns me. Even more concerned that this is par for the course for Aune. 51 percent for the season ain’t good enough. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I can’t argue with your logic but you might have missed my point. It was the only completing half of the passes that concerns me. Even more concerned that this is par for the course for Aune. 51 percent for the season ain’t good enough. 

You have to admit the 18 yards per attempt looks pretty dang good though, at least for this game.

Remember, that is yards per attempt, not yards per completion.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You have to admit the 18 yards per attempt looks pretty dang good though, at least for this game.

He had some nice passes. He was hitting his receivers in stride on the deep ball. His worst deep ball pass was the 55 yarder to Burns, but Burns didn’t have a defender within 10 yards, so it didn’t matter.  

The pass to Lyles with a defender in his face was spot on.  Aúne seemed more confident last night. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

He had some nice passes. He was hitting his receivers in stride on the deep ball. His worst deep ball pass was the 55 yarder to Burns, but Burns didn’t have a defender within 10 yards, so it didn’t matter.  

The pass to Lyles with a defender in his face was spot on.  Aúne seemed more confident last night. 

Agreed. The deep passes he completed were a mixed bag. Some quite good. Normally one would brush off the misses due to the rain but as I mentioned earlier 50% is basically his season average. 

• Lovely Take 3

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is why Carthel is my top choice. A different path than we have followed. Has built up programs at lower levels and has worked with less and been successful. He also seems to have a fan friendly personality. 

16 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He is my top choice too, if we were to move on from Littrell, but I’d rather Colby have a clean slate going into the American. On that note, SFA blew out Lamar today. Great to see. 

SFA in the FCS playoffs for the first time since 2014.