LIKELIHOOD BILLY NAPIER OR JAMEY CHADWELL IS THE PICK For VA TECH

Coach Andy Mac

Napier was involved in several Power Five openings last year, but ultimately opted to stay at Louisiana, where he's on the verge of another impressive season.

“I think Napier would be the 1A, but I don’t think Chadwell is that far behind," Kanell said. "He would infuse a lot of … it’s kind of like dating, you know? You date one type of person and then you go exactly the other direction. To me, Justin Fuente is kind of boring, pretty straight forward, not a ton of personality. You get a Chadwell in there and that’s going in an entirely new direction. Young guy, he’s going to have the mullet out there, mustache, it’s a totally different direction. I think either one of those, the fanbase would be infused with a lot of life.”

read more:  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Virginia-Tech-coaching-search-Billy-Napier-Shane-Beamer-and-intel-on-potential-candidates-175551149/Amp/

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If the fans didn't like Fuente's Mid-Atlantic recruiting, I doubt they're going to like Napier's.   I dunno if Chadwell is the guy for VATech either.   I would figure they'd throw the entire safe at lil' Beamer to come home... even though he's already come out and said he's "not going anywhere".

Maybe he's like Dykes and even though it would seem like a good fit he might not want to coach where his father did? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

With Clemson slipping, VATech is in a prime position to get back to the top of the ACC, which is usually a ticket into the playoff.   There aren't many better jobs.

Sweeney won't let Clemson slip for long.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Exactly what I'm thinking. VATech is nice.. but LSU is LSU. 

Think this is Napier's first choice, but if somehow Jimbo ends up at LSU (he denying it to much not to be at least listening) then I could see Napier at A&M.

Edited by El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

A thread on a possible new Virginia Tech coach?  Seriously?  You may have me confused with someone who gives a schitt.

I guess people are just getting interested in a program that actually let's a coach go when he is not performing at the expected level.