UTSA Ticket Allotment Sold Out

Cerebus

FIU is almost as sure a win as we are going to get this season. (jinxed it)

Our AD had better get ready to hype the hell out of this game next week. A 5-6 UNT pushing to go bowling and ruin the undefeated dreams of a state rival? Despite the poor start and the poor coaching and the poor QBs and the poor catching and the...good defense, this is a solid recipe for a fun game.

And a fun game is really what we all want out of football.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

FIU is almost as sure a win as we are going to get this season. (jinxed it)

Our AD had better get ready to hype the hell out of this game next week. A 5-6 UNT pushing to go bowling and ruin the undefeated dreams of a state rival? Despite the poor start and the poor coaching and the poor QBs and the poor catching and the...good defense, this is a solid recipe for a fun game.

And a fun game is really what we all want out of football.

It’s the stuff rivalries are built on.  
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF by Maudit

• Haha 3

I better not be surrounded by UTSA fans in section 207 otherwise I'm gonna be mad. I won't be mad that I'm surrounded by UTSA (although I certainly won't be happy about that), but because those seats require a minimum MGSF donation.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I better not be surrounded by UTSA fans in section 207 otherwise I'm gonna be mad. I won't be mad that I'm surrounded by UTSA (although I certainly won't be happy about that), but because those seats require a minimum MGSF donation.

The guy that has sat next to me all year long is not a MGSF member.  He said he buys the game ticket two weeks prior to each game and it’s always available.  I’m in section 106.  Get mentally prepared @UNTFan23.

By the way, I was in the club level for the Liberty game and there were even Liberty fans up there.  Be prepared. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

It be more of a home game for them. 

I have no idea why we have a home game the Saturday after thanksgiving it is always light attendance. 

This.

We are thrilled if we have 5000 at a home game after Thanksgiving. Well, this year, we probably will, as UT-KFC shows up hard. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

20 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

If we were 10-0 with a no. 15 national ranking I would hope we would take up half of the alamodome if had to play them there 

In another lifetime (& totally different attitude) we once took almost 20,000 Apple-Green clad Mean Green fans to UT-Austin & the future-to-be-named DKR Memorial Stadium.  No Zuckerberg kind of Fact-Checking required because I was one of the “almost” 20,000 fans— I concur. So did the Austin American-Statesman. 
Of course in this present era, we are so much more sophisticated as fans & alums & we even evolved into experts on who we should have been hiring (& firing) the last 40 years. 

We have also mastered the art of tailgating at UNT.  You know, all the  important things that a Top 25 program which has been playing football for well over 100 years should have a handle on?  In fact, tailgating has all but become a religion at UNT-Denton.  For instance, look how many just keep on tailgating even as the Green Brigade plays “Glory To The Green?” Even continuing tailgating as the Apogee Stadium video screen says the 2’nd quarter has begun. 

When something that could turn positive is only 8 days away it is predictable on this forum how some go into immediate Negative Ned melt down.  Why are we playing Thanksgiving weekend?  We can’t draw flies 2 days after T-Day. Why might UTSA fans possibly be sitting in a donors seating area (albeit they will have paid $45-$55 for tickets to sit in what would have probably been a Game Day empty seat). 
  It is so inspiring to read all this from some GMG fans most of whom have never witnessed more than 4 winning football seasons in a row in Denton.
  In fact, one might wonder how many GMG visitors who read all this say “Screw this—I ain’t going to get involved with any of this since so many of their fans diss this football program about almost everything.” 

Comfort Zone:   I know, we can just blame some of the GMG.com negativity on our culture.  It’s the reason we are like we are?  We have no control of how & what we think because of it?  It’s almost like the Jimmy Carter malaise.  Set the thermostat on negative! 
Hell, now look at little Ol’ me now doing some of the NegNed thing myself in this post?🤢 Shit fire & save the matches—who can I blame?  Have I been bitten by a Mean Green zombie?  

🤔Honestly? I actually hope some don’t come to the UTSA game because they are a constant negative force to this football program on every subject from A to Z plus— potential UNT recruits might over-hear some of their usual Schtick & say:  “No way I’ll come here! I’ll just go ahead & visit UTSA because did you see how many fans they brought to Apogee & how many from UNT didn’t show up?  I will add, though, that UNT has mastered the art of tailgating & they also have a great marching band.” 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

In another lifetime (& totally different attitude) we once took almost 20,000 Apple-Green clad Mean Green fans to UT-Austin & the future-to-be-named DKR Memorial Stadium.  No Zuckerberg kind of Fact-Checking required because I was one of the “almost” 20,000 fans— I concur. So did the Austin American-Statesman. 
Of course in this present era, we are so much more sophisticated as fans & alums & we even evolved into experts on who we should have been hiring (& firing) the last 40 years. 

We have also mastered the art of tailgating at UNT.  You know, all the  important things that a Top 25 program which has been playing football for well over 100 years should have a handle on?  In fact, tailgating has all but become a religion at UNT-Denton.  For instance, look how many just keep on tailgating even as the Green Brigade plays “Glory To The Green?” Even continuing tailgating as the Apogee Stadium video screen says the 2’nd quarter has begun. 

When something that could turn positive is only 8 days away it is predictable on this forum how some go into immediate Negative Ned melt down.  Why are we playing Thanksgiving weekend?  We can’t draw flies 2 days after T-Day. Why might UTSA fans possibly be sitting in a donors seating area (albeit they will have paid $45-$55 for tickets to sit in what would have probably been a Game Day empty seat). 
  It is so inspiring to read all this from some GMG fans most of whom have never witnessed more than 4 winning football seasons in a row in Denton.
  In fact, one might wonder how many GMG visitors who read all this say “Screw this—I ain’t going to get involved with any of this since so many of their fans diss this football program about almost everything.” 

Comfort Zone:   I know, we can just blame some of the GMG.com negativity on our culture.  It’s the reason we are like we are?  We have no control of how & what we think because of it?  It’s almost like the Jimmy Carter malaise.  Set the thermostat on negative! 
Hell, now look at little Ol’ me now doing some of the NegNed thing myself in this post?🤢 Shit fire & save the matches—who can I blame?  Have I been bitten by a Mean Green zombie?  

🤔Honestly? I actually hope some don’t come to the UTSA game because they are a constant negative force to this football program on every subject from A to Z plus— potential UNT recruits might over-hear some of their usual Schtick & say:  “No way I’ll come here! I’ll just go ahead & visit UTSA because did you see how many fans they brought to Apogee & how many from UNT didn’t show up?  I will add, though, that UNT has mastered the art of tailgating & they also have a great marching band.” 

My post wasn’t a negative post at all. It’s a hope and desire that we do the same thing.

• Upvote 1

I am happy they did this before they potentially lose to UAB. No backsies folks.

Obviously it is a special situation. But just in general it is good if all teams in conference travel more and more fans to each others games, and if NT and UTSA were to bring 5k+ to each others games every season, that would only benefit both programs.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 7