Texas Arlington (11/18/21)

CMJ

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I see J. Simmons is in. This is his first game action since late in the ‘99-‘00 season. 

I think this is going to be another really good team, but it’s looking like depth is probably going to be a shortcoming. Simmons taking up a scholarship 5 straight seasons while never being playable is a glaring roster mismanagement. Mccasland has obviously earned any benefit of doubt, but it’s still a bit frustrating. 

That being said, the dominant win is the much bigger takeaway here. Defense is already looking solid with the new pieces filling in well.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I think this is going to be another really good team, but it’s looking like depth is probably going to be a shortcoming. Simmons taking up a scholarship 5 straight seasons while never being playable is a glaring roster mismanagement. Mccasland has obviously earned any benefit of doubt, but it’s still a bit frustrating. 

That being said, the dominant win is the much bigger takeaway here. Defense is already looking solid with the new pieces filling in well.

We didn’t have much depth last season….

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I worry about the second half slump, we did not look as good in the second half as the first.   The zebras took over the second half.  We have Kansas and we need play our best every minute.   We can't have let downs.  Maybe Coach Mac slowed the game down to hold the score down.  I would have like us to have scored more points.

They clearly let up in the 2nd half, no sense in going 100% only to get tired or even worse injured. For what? A few more points? Coach didn't care about the fewest points allowed stat, he wanted to rotate guys in and keep people fresh for the big upcoming game. He made the smart choice. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

The leading scorer for UTA had 6 points and 3 players with more fouls than points LOL

Uta looked gassed, and NT did not hold up until it was way over. We need this type of Bell for Kansas because he’s gonna have a big role.

If we can play this type of defense, limit turnovers and hit the open shots, we should be fine against Kansas. All I hope is we don’t embarrass ourselves in front of a LOT of people on ESPN