DRC: UNT press conference notebook -- UNT players cite attitude change for win streak

Brett Vito

I just can't fathom that it took a SIX GAME LOSING STREAK for the players to go "Hey maybe we should try harder, focus more, and be more disciplined"

That's 1) a sign of a very young team figuring things out (better late than never I suppose) and more importantly 2) A very poorly coached team

It takes you six straight losses to figure it out? I'm sorry, but hearing stuff like this makes me want Littrell gone even more. There's no reason we shouldn't have been able to win 1 or 2 games in that stretch other than horrible coaching.  Maybe Seth is a bad motivator, or bad schemer, or all of the above. Either way it's an indictment on him for not getting the team up to snuff until we're right on the precipice of losing bowl eligibility.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I just can't fathom that it took a SIX GAME LOSING STREAK for the players to go "Hey maybe we should try harder, focus more, and be more disciplined"

That's 1) a sign of a very young team figuring things out (better late than never I suppose) and more importantly 2) A very poorly coached team

It takes you six straight losses to figure it out? I'm sorry, but hearing stuff like this makes me want Littrell gone even more. There's no reason we shouldn't have been able to win 1 or 2 games in that stretch other than horrible coaching.  Maybe Seth is a bad motivator, or bad schemer, or all of the above. Either way it's an indictment on him for not getting the team up to snuff until we're right on the precipice of losing bowl eligibility.

Strange that the change in attitude started with the weakest stretch in the schedule

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Strange that the change in attitude started with the weakest stretch in the schedule

200.gif
Also strange that the change happened after news that NT was going to move up in the latest conference reshuffle.   Playing like crap prior to that, then all-of-a-sudden there's a paradigm shift and we almost beat Liberty.  The effort was certainly there that day.  It's almost as if the players found their own motivation.

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

23 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

20 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

All the games that they lost were to much better teams (with the exception of tech).  Its easy to let that go to players heads when they know they are out matched. 

wait Liberty played most of games without their starting QB, La Tech was down to their 2nd/3rd string QB would hardly call either of those teams better other than coaching. 

Mizzou is not very good yet made to look like a Top 10 team. 

Will  give you SMU they are solid, and UAB is decent but were they 42-6 better, no that is on the coaches not getting the team prepared which is a staple of SL time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

wait Liberty played most of games without their starting QB, La Tech was down to their 2nd/3rd string QB would hardly call either of those teams better other than coaching. 

Will  give you SMU they are solid, and UAB is decent but were they 42-6 better, no that is on the coaches not getting the team prepared which is a staple of SL time. 

I said tech was the exception. 

Liberty was still a better team, even with their back up.  Would a better coach have won that game?  Maybe.  though you could say the same thing about a better QB.

• Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Kate Winslet GIF

34 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Aidy Bryant Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

200.gif
Also strange that the change happened after news that NT was going to move up in the latest conference reshuffle.   Playing like crap prior to that, then all-of-a-sudden there's a paradigm shift and we almost beat Liberty.  The effort was certainly there that day.  It's almost as if the players found their own motivation.

I think these players see the opportunity in front of them. Play well in the CUSA? May get a Day 3 sniff. Play well in the American? Much different story. Time is now to secure your spot on the 2023 team. 

• Upvote 1