UTSA fans starting to talk smack about NT

meangreen11

26 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t disagree at all. I have said this repeatedly.
I have also said that we can’t set an expectation and then move the goalposts like some did after the UTEP win. “We never beat teams with winning records!”

Beats team with winning record: “Well, not THAT team with a winning record. AKSHULLY, they suck if you drill down on their schedule.” 

So if he gets his shit together and wins out, beating UTEP, a ranked UTSA, and a bowl team then we have to give credit where due. Maybe he still gets fired, maybe not. But if he doesn’t get fired I think we should understand the optics of a G5 school firing a coach coming off a bowl win, six in a row, and 7 wins. I just can’t see it. 
That being said, I can’t see the six game winning streak happening in the first place so the point is likely moot. 

Agreed. If he wins out he deserves a chance, but we all know that won't happen

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t disagree at all. I have said this repeatedly.
I have also said that we can’t set an expectation and then move the goalposts like some did after the UTEP win. “We never beat teams with winning records!”

Beats team with winning record: “Well, not THAT team with a winning record. AKSHULLY, they suck if you drill down on their schedule.” 

So if he gets his shit together and wins out, beating UTEP, a ranked UTSA, and a bowl team then we have to give credit where due. Maybe he still gets fired, maybe not. But if he doesn’t get fired I think we should understand the optics of a G5 school firing a coach coming off a bowl win, six in a row, and 7 wins. I just can’t see it. 
That being said, I can’t see the six game winning streak happening in the first place so the point is likely moot. 

You make some good points but for me why would we renew a coach that in 6 years never won his conference and never won a bowl game?  How does that resume bode for the move to the American?  Will bringingvSeth back sell more tickets and inspire more donors?  Will recruiting improve?  These are the questions that have timo be asked if you are Wren.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Attention all

It is UTSA week, which means be ready for a lot of ridiculous tweets made by utsa fans in response to me…

While some might not make sense, we have to remember they graduated from a glorified community college. 

...but of course, SMU calls us that, too. 😆

Intercollegiate banter?  It’s what grown-ups do trying to re-capture their college days when life was much simpler?  Every time I hit the Denton City Limits I become a 20 year old all over again.  After about 4 -5 hours on campus & at Apogee & after I leave Denton I’m feeling my age (again) which is
_ _ years old.🙄

(Just enjoy the moments this Saturday  & none of us should really take ourselves too serious)? 

🔥WE BE ON FIRE IN MEAN GREEN COUNTRY! 🔥

37788DE9-8CB5-4A2A-95E9-A8D375748D46.jpeg.a72c84b5bb0c5cf4e05fc6c1fa80205a.jpegEF7F91D5-4D69-4E27-9E86-559A0F3B2F43.jpeg.6b25e3050278ab288d91d43529ce3af4.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I hear NutsaCK is going all out and bringing their band, provided the shift manager at KFC lets them have the day off, even though that means they'll have to work a double on Sunday.

They were going to bring their cannon, but wood being so expensive, they can't risk it making the trip up I-35. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

Doesn't it take -both- sides caring to create a rivalry?

I don't see utsa as anything other than an accidental conference neighbor.

Our knack for playing spoiler to one another has sort of naturally created a rivalry. We are the SMU in this particular relationship.

47 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

So we’re the assholes? 

I think so. We're having this conversation in a click bait thread that has loose implications that an undefeated utsa team has the audacity to talk trash about the upcoming matchup with 5-6 North Texas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1