UTSA fans starting to talk smack about NT

meangreen11

1 minute ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Damn, you got me. Guess SL has finally figured it out after 6 years and deserves another 6 years based off of that game /s

Based on some posters here, that comment is not sarcastic at all. We have a young team, we're building, we're better off than before.

3 STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS, ONE WITH THE GREATEST QB THE PROGRAM HAS EVER SEEN, AND TWO WITH THE GREATEST WR THE PROGRAM HAS EVER SEEN

I hope we beat FIU, UTSA, and win the bowl game. Based on historical facts, that will not happen and Seth should be fired when it doesn't. Of course I wanted him gone last season, but I guess I'm too pragmatic in that sense.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Like it or not (I don't like it), UTSA is ranked higher than 

Texas A&M

Houston

Iowa

Wisconsin

Pitt

Arkansas 

LaLa (where did that come from ?)

San Diego State

Utah

and North Carolina State

This would be the highest rated win in NT program history.

Yes, and they would lose to A&M, Iowa, Wisconsin, Pitt, Arkansas, Utah and NC State for sure with the remainder being toss-ups.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

15 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Based on some posters here, that comment is not sarcastic at all. We have a young team, we're building, we're better off than before.

3 STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS, ONE WITH THE GREATEST QB THE PROGRAM HAS EVER SEEN, AND TWO WITH THE GREATEST WR THE PROGRAM HAS EVER SEEN

I hope we beat FIU, UTSA, and win the bowl game. Based on historical facts, that will not happen and Seth should be fired when it doesn't. Of course I wanted him gone last season, but I guess I'm too pragmatic in that sense.

I want to say that I agree SL should be gone. That said, let's pretend we get to a bowl game and we win it at 7-6. Are we still holding pitchforks or are we on the fence?

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I want to say that I agree SL should be gone. That said, let's pretend we get to a bowl game and we win it at 7-6. Are we still holding pitchforks or are we on the fence?

image.gif.b33cca2da413a9bb258a1aa2253fa387.gifA

The game between UAB vs UTSA tells us a lot. I would expect SL to take full control of the offense against UTSA to try and go out on top and save face for his next interview. I believe that while winning out (including a bowl win) is great, it’s to late. Don’t get caught up in the last few weeks, look at the scope of his work in 6 years. He is leaving us with more talent than when we started but we don’t want him back.

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I'd be all the way swayed back to supporting Littrell, at least for 1 more year.

You can't ignore starting 1-6, then finishing on a 6-game winning streak, including beating 3 bowl teams along the way.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'd be all the way swayed back to supporting Littrell, at least for 1 more year.

You can't ignore starting 1-6, then finishing on a 6-game winning streak, including beating 3 bowl teams along the way.

Same.

We could be looking for someone new to turn things around - and he could already be on our roster. If he rips off 6 straight, after dealing with some of the injuries he has and getting young guys up to speed we could be in a really good situation next year. We just need to get a QB who doesn't miss wide open receivers getting behind the secondary.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:16 PM, MGNation92 said:

I mean, technically if he wins out it isn’t three seasons.
I am in the fire Seth category, but there is no way we fire someone who wins six straight including a bowl. Just won’t happen. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I mean, technically if he wins out it isn’t three seasons.
I am in the fire Seth category, but there is no way we fire someone who wins six straight including a bowl. Just won’t happen. 

Big games and Seth Littrell don't mix. It's an almost guaranteed loss just based on his track record. If you're playing for something, a trophy, a bowl, a rivalry it's not a good sign for a Littrell team. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Big games and Seth Littrell don't mix. It's an almost guaranteed loss just based on his track record. If you're playing for something, a trophy, a bowl, a rivalry it's not a good sign for a Littrell team. 

I don’t disagree at all. I have said this repeatedly.
I have also said that we can’t set an expectation and then move the goalposts like some did after the UTEP win. “We never beat teams with winning records!”

Beats team with winning record: “Well, not THAT team with a winning record. AKSHULLY, they suck if you drill down on their schedule.” 

So if he gets his shit together and wins out, beating UTEP, a ranked UTSA, and a bowl team then we have to give credit where due. Maybe he still gets fired, maybe not. But if he doesn’t get fired I think we should understand the optics of a G5 school firing a coach coming off a bowl win, six in a row, and 7 wins. I just can’t see it. 
That being said, I can’t see the six game winning streak happening in the first place so the point is likely moot. 

• Upvote 3