Professional Football Mega Thread

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Guyton 2 catches for 10 yards and 1 rush for 1 yard today. 

Is Jeff Wilson hurt again? His name doesn't show in today's stats for the 49ers.

Elijah Mitchell was back and unfortunately just seems to be younger and better than Jeff. With Lance at quarterback they had enough running threats without needing Jeff today.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

FYI to save others from digging.  I was wondering why Darden was listed as “Out” for today’s game against the Jets, yet not on the injury list.  After digging on the team’s site, I found that Darden is now on their COVID-19 Reserve list.  Get well Jaelon.

Some articles indicate he was benched anyhow - low production in special teams and doesn't show enough route running to demand playing time. In the game a couple weeks ago that he started because the whole WR corp was out, he didn't put his mouth guard in on running plays and only seemed to care when he was going deep. As a coach, that would be enough to kill off his time. IMO. He needs to regroup in the off season. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Some articles indicate he was benched anyhow - low production in special teams and doesn't show enough route running to demand playing time. In the game a couple weeks ago that he started because the whole WR corp was out, he didn't put his mouth guard in on running plays and only seemed to care when he was going deep. As a coach, that would be enough to kill off his time. IMO. He needs to regroup in the off season. 

Remember that Jaelon Darden was being mentored by Antonio Brown.  Maybe not the best choice to emulate.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

8 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Remember that Jaelon Darden was being mentored by Antonio Brown.  Maybe not the best choice to emulate.

I think if Jaelon really wanted to make his dad proud - it was always my impression that that is what really drove him - then he will rise above this.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Yeah, I noticed he didn’t have much hustle when play wasn’t to him.  I noticed a play where the man he could have been blocking made a tackle.  He was just walking around watching.   That stuck out to me. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...