Justin Fuente Fired from Virginia Tech

TheReal_jayD

Read the comments.   
They're blaming his recruiting, not that he doesn't know how to coach.   The exact opposite of what we're saying around here.  Littrell hauling in nice classes but can't can't get them to play for him.

Also, mostly well-wishes from the Hokie fans, with a few butt-hurt fans kicking him on the way out.   I bet you'd see the same kind of reaction around here if/when Littrell is let go.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Risk everywhere.

THIS!! Hiring coaches is always a crapshoot. Coaches fail one place then are wildly successful the next. AND vice versa! 

Jimmy Johnson was not particularly successful at Okie State. He goes to Miami and is. 

I've lost count of how many previously successful coaches fail at Texas. 

Spurrier at Florida and then at South Carolina. 

It goes on and on. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Read the comments.   
They're blaming his recruiting, not that he doesn't know how to coach.   The exact opposite of what we're saying around here.  Littrell hauling in nice classes but can't can't get them to play for him.

Also, mostly well-wishes from the Hokie fans, with a few butt-hurt fans kicking him on the way out.   I bet you'd see the same kind of reaction around here if/when Littrell is let go.

What do you want to bet that we can haul in better classes with a name like Fuente, and get them to play up to their potential? 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

No way - he's a good coach but Baylor isn't going to hire a guy who was just fired from a place they see themselves better than.  I think Mack Rhoades would do it but the top Baylor money guys would say no. 

Rhodes will be able to hire who ever he wants that is how well he is thought of. No one heard of Aranda until the hire coming from a co ordinator position. Look at Fuente W-L record, he may have had a winning season this year. I think Fuente will get another P5 job.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Suggest you read the article just posted on Fuentes before we give him the keys to the kingdom.

Your going to base your choice on information from a writer? I might not have JF on the top of my list but I would hope whoever chooses at that time puts a little more effort into it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...