UNT Losses

MeanGreen_MBA

16 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

It’s a tough schedule because our coach sucks. 

We have the highest paid coach in the conference, in his 6th year, making nearly 2 million plus a private jet to take him to Cancun whenever he wants. This schedule should have been easy. 1-2 losses at most. 

Tired of this mentality. 

Just made a statement after looking back on the season to date. I think I predicted a 7-5 record with optimism. 

he honest, what was your pre-season record prediction. Most on this forum noted 5-6 wins. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

We can all see that Seth has trouble evaluating and developing qb's.  We can see it every game, but what is just as disappointing is we have transfers and 3rd year players that never see the field. In his type of offense you have to have capable quarterback play. We are now leading the conference in rushing and are playing defense? 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

We can all see that Seth has trouble evaluating and developing qb's.  We can see it every game, but what is just as disappointing is we have transfers and 3rd year players that never see the field. In his type of offense you have to have capable quarterback play. We are now leading the conference in rushing and are playing defense? 

How about you tap the brakes on your opinion about how Seth isn’t a QB guru. Did anyone ever say he was when he came here? Many P5 programs are struggling with the same issue. 
Good QB transfers haven’t wanted to come here because our defense sucked. 
Now we are fixing that and you are complaining???

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

30 minutes ago, Hookset said:

How about you tap the brakes on your opinion about how Seth isn’t a QB guru. Did anyone ever say he was when he came here? Many P5 programs are struggling with the same issue. 
Good QB transfers haven’t wanted to come here because our defense sucked. 
Now we are fixing that and you are complaining???

Never heard a qb say he didn’t want to go to a school because of the defense? Most go to a school because of the type of offense and get a chance to play. I’m complaining about 1 position, qb! After 6 seasons with 2 transfers from P5 schools and 3 others in the qb room we should have at least an average qb.

• Upvote 6

Why are we even talking about this?  It is year 6.  One good QB in that entire tenure and the rest just slightly below mediocre in their BEST games.  SL has an offense background.  He isn’t a great recruiter.  So all we can and should judge him on at this point is winning most of his games.   He hasn’t done that in 3 years.   (That is counting a FCS pushover gimme win each season).  Bring him back without at the very least beating UTSA would be ridiculous in my opinion.  And without winning out I think he should be gone.  

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Never heard a qb say he didn’t want to go to a school because of the defense? Most go to a school because of the type of offense and get a chance to play. I’m complaining about 1 position, qb! After 6 seasons with 2 transfers from P5 schools and 3 others in the qb room we should have at least an average qb.

QB’s transfer to a program that can win. If you can’t play defense, you will never win. 
Don’t kid yourself it is only about getting playtime.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Other than LA Tech, our loses are to teams with a winning record…except Missouri…they are a .500 SEC team. 

just making a statement that this was a tough schedule. 

People that want Seth goneTrigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

he honest, what was your pre-season record prediction. Most on this forum noted 5-6 wins. 

I don’t make or give a crap about predictions. Are you saying that he should be retained if he meets these low predictions?

I care about expectations and standards. Given the amount of resources poured into the program, my expectations are 10 wins and a trophy. Can’t get that done on a consistent basis, then you’re gone. 

What are your expectations?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Correct me if I am mistaken but  I think Seth has one more year on his contract, 2022. If he goes 5 & 7, or upsets UTSA for a 6 & 6record Wren will have two choices, either fire him or extend his contract. Recruits won't come to a program where the coach only has one year left on his contract. It almost wants me to root for the Roadrunners [ I said almost ]. If his contract is extended there will be hell to pay with a large number of fans. The silence from Wren has been deafening but I don't know how to read that except there have no words of support that I am aware of.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

I don’t make or give a crap about predictions. Are you saying that he should be retained if he meets these low predictions?

I care about expectations and standards. Given the amount of resources poured into the program, my expectations are 10 wins and a trophy. Can’t get that done on a consistent basis, then you’re gone. 

What are your expectations?

Your right. Build a smallish stadium that never sells out, a smallish weight room that the football program has to share with all programs, a small training room to treat all of the programs injuries, and a really nice indoor practice facility. 
UNT should be a top 25 program annually!!!

Not unrealistic at all…

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Hookset said:

QB’s transfer to a program that can win. If you can’t play defense, you will never win. 

Maybe I’m just cynical, but the transfer portal in my mind is mostly a selfish tool to be used to get more playing time and/or put yourself in a better position to get to the next level.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Correct me if I am mistaken but  I think Seth has one more year on his contract, 2022. If he goes 5 & 7, or upsets UTSA for a 6 & 6record Wren will have two choices, either fire him or extend his contract. Recruits won't come to a program where the coach only has one year left on his contract. It almost wants me to root for the Roadrunners [ I said almost ]. If his contract is extended there will be hell to pay with a large number of fans. The silence from Wren has been deafening but I don't know how to read that except there have no words of support that I am aware of.

He has two more years, 2022 and conceivably 2023, although that year will be bought out or will be part of a new deal. 2022 will officially be the determining year for his tenure here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, GRN-WHT said:

Where did I say top 25 is the expectation? 

10 wins and a trophy. Louisiana is on track to do it 3 years in a row, you’re telling me that’s asking too much here?

Unfortunately, history clearly suggests it is too much to ask. We have not won more than 9 games and have managed to have back to back 9-win seasons in the late 70s and the 2017-2018 seasons.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Maybe I’m just cynical, but the transfer portal in my mind is mostly a selfish tool to be used to get more playing time and/or put yourself in a better position to get to the next level.  

Exactly. If you can go to a team that needs you and can play against better competition that would be viewed by NFL scouts as a good indicator of your skills, why would you transfer to a team that plays in a weaker conference against lower quality teams?

3 hours ago, Hookset said:

2017 & 2018 9 win seasons. 2018 we signed 2 qbs, 1 is no longer with the team and the other doesn’t play. In 2019 we signed 1 qb, he is no longer with the team. We have 2 P5 transfers and 1 has never seen the field the other is the back up. 

Edited by Wag Tag

49 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

10 wins and a trophy. Louisiana is on track to do it 3 years in a row, you’re telling me that’s asking too much here?

Sun Belt West is even worse than CUSA West. Regardless of that, you hold up one school and the suggestion that it should be easy to emulate them despite more than 100 years of history saying otherwise?

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Sun Belt West is even worse than CUSA West. Regardless of that, you hold up one school and the suggestion that it should be easy to emulate them despite more than 100 years of history saying otherwise?

So because we’ve never won in the past, we should never expect to win in the future, no matter how much money we put into the program. Got it, I understand now. 

Let’s just pay our next coach $700k and call it good and celebrate when we #hit6 once a decade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

No. You’re not and for the money he is making that’s what he is being paid to deliver. He hasn’t so it’s time to find someone who can. Completely agree with you, got to have high standards or what’s the point. 

• Upvote 2