Credit to Matt Passwaters

El Paso Eagle

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I will admit I was one who thought this was going to be a disaster.

The D-line play has been very solid. The group looks prepared weekly.

It looks like I was wrong. Nice job Coach Passwaters!

Agreed. I'll happily eat crow on this one. Didn't see how an O-lineman would work with the D-line but it has been a solid move. Great work

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Agreed. I'll happily eat crow on this one. Didn't see how an O-lineman would work with the D-line but it has been a solid move. Great work

An O-lineman knows how to beat O-lineman. He knows O-lineman weaknesses and how to exploit them.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Same could be said about Brandon Kennedy or Adrian Awasome and I have no doubt you’d have had no quarrel bringing them in as DLine coach.

And I would judge them based on the performance of their group. I think PC is a great running back coach but it has nothing to do with the fact that he played here; that's only a benefit

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

WRs were the best unit on the team... 

I disagree.    An argument could be made that with both Shorter & Simpson, maybe.  Same with the RBs and having Adaway.    But the DL has not suffered that type of attrition.

Having the best DT since Booger on this DLine kinda makes that position the strength of the team... not to mention both Murphys applying pressure on the outside.   I just think a real DLine coach would be doing more good.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You guys do realize who Passwaters is married to?  Who his father in law is?  This doesn't mean he isn't a great coach, but how else to you go from grad asst. at New Mexico State to d line coach here?

Sorry if you think you were providing a scoop but everyone knows. My issue and this comment was not how he got in the position but the fact is his position Squad is playing well. You can talk about Talent, and yes there is talent, but the fact is they still need to produce. Throughout the years we've had many areas with talent that have not produced well. All I'm trying to point out is he is doing a good job based on the results on the field. If you don't want to give him credit for the Player's performance then don't give other coaches credit for the Player's in their groups

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sorry if you think you were providing a scoop but everyone knows. My issue and this comment was not how he got in the position but the fact is his position Squad is playing well. You can talk about Talent, and yes there is talent, but the fact is they still need to produce. Throughout the years we've had many areas with talent that have not produced well. All I'm trying to point out is he is doing a good job based on the results on the field. If you don't want to give him credit for the Player's performance then don't give other coaches credit for the Player's in their groups

I've watched his players walk straight past him and not give him an ounce of attention before during games we're losing.  He'll be trying to say something to them, and they just walk right past him like he's a trainer.  And he doesn't go grab their arm and assert authority or anything...  just watches them walk past.

1_ZZa6WBD7Km3yrIr7oMMQjA-1.gif?fit=450,3

• Eye Roll 1