OVERTIME ?

greenjoe

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

What's amazing about Fouts is that the structure in 2009 looked relatively unchanged from when the Spanish Conquistadors discovered it. Although overgrown with vegetation at the time, the indigenous people told legends about its ancient builders, probably the Clovis Peoples prior to the Younger Dryas impact event.

So you’re saying Fouts had archeological significance?  I did not know that.  I mean, who knew?.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ADLER said:

What's amazing about Fouts is that the structure in 2009 looked relatively unchanged from when the Spanish Conquistadors discovered it. Although overgrown with vegetation at the time, the indigenous people told legends about its ancient builders, probably the Clovis Peoples prior to the Younger Dryas impact event.

Sadly, antiquities thieves and souvenir hunters have reduced the Fouts Archeological Site to barren grass. The nearby monolithic site atop the hill to the east is intact, however.  It was known to the aboriginal peoples as the "Stupendous Pit" or "Colossal Pit". It was believed to have replaced a nearby "Snake Pit" where wanderers would come by to challenge the local tribe to contests involving a hoop and a ball not unlike the Mayan Games.  Anthropologists have identified the architecture as relating to the Disco Era.  Other nearby Disco Era ancient buildings are the "GAB Site" and something known only as the "English" building (despite there being no trace of either Norman or Saxon or even Gaelic influences).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

So you’re saying Fouts had archeological significance?  I did not know that.  I mean, who knew?.

You should have known by the smell of the bathrooms. It takes a historic amount of time to smell that badly. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

You should have known by the smell of the bathrooms. It takes a historic amount of time to smell that badly. 

So by the time I took my last "leak" in the bowels of the Fout's Field men's restroom as a student, that moment in time could be part of the  archeological history of Fouts Field?  All of a sudden I feel special.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ADLER said:

Interestingly though, there is a theory that says Fouts was actually built 1000s of years ago by crickets as a Holy place.  It was required that all crickets travel to Fouts once a year during the Autumnal season to worship.

On 11/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, golfingomez said:

Belloq describing Fouts

Speaking of Ancient Relics of Fouts... The epitome of representing Mean Green Spirit and Pride...

For decades there was a huge Green Eagle displayed on the side of Fouts facing Interstate 35.

img846-600x378.jpg

It is long, long gone, but ............................................... the head still exists...

Every Known Item In Raiders Of The Lost Ark's Warehouse

amongst my North Texas collectibles.

The first NTSC Desk Eagle, and the subsequent NTSU Bobblehead. 

Both are seen here standing in front of the Fouts Field Eagle.

4BDF433A-CB37-43B5-B476-17635033659A.jpeg

Edited by ADLER