Could Seth be any more lucky

emmitt01

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

The next team he gets a chance to coach against (FIU) gave up 50 points today to a bad MUTS team

Yup, 3 years of underachieving with the highest resources available yet people will look at a couple of games against garbage opponents and still think he's the best guy for the job. He should hit Vegas at the end of the season because that is peak luck.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yup, 3 years of underachieving with the highest resources available yet people will look at a couple of games against garbage opponents and still think he's the best guy for the job. He should hit Vegas at the end of the season because that is peak luck.

It’s not the game against FIU that will be used as evidence on whether SL is right for the job for another year. It’s UTSA (and if successful there) the bowl game. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

It’s not the game against FIU that will be used as evidence on whether SL is right for the job for another year. It’s UTSA (and if successful there) the bowl game. 

I'm talking about the fact that people were back on the Littrell wagon after games like Southern Miss and Rice. I feel like that was extremely short sighted after what teams like UAB and Marshall did to this team this season. I agree, UTSA is the true barometer because he's shown he can beat under .500 teams. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Although I appreciate the win against UTEP, I don't think we even come close to competing with nutsak.

I know where you are coming from, but I think our defense has progressed to the point that they will keep us in games. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I know where you are coming from, but I think our defense has progressed to the point that they will keep us in games. 

agree the defense looked much better last night, especially in the penalties area, but that 98 yd drive allowing UTEP to get back in the game was brutal. They need to stay focused the whole game.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

....until someone decides to take it deep against our DB's late in the game. Is Hardison as good a QB as Harris? Are the WR's for UTEP as good as the WR's for UTSA?

Or until we play prevent that has never prevented anything. 

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Or until we play prevent that has never prevented anything. 

Well, that's not only true for us, but for the NFL as well. I've always dreaded the "prevent".  Despite my comment, I just about totally agree with you. I've very confident that our defense can make the UTSA offence less "Sincere". But the rest of it......

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Film to study closely. Taking your opponent lightly? Or did S. Miss figure out some flaws?

Perhaps they learned some lessons from the asskicking they got from our running game and defense since we were supposed to suck.

Edited by Cr1028