🦅🦅🦅North Texas - UTEP ⛏⛏⛏Official Game Thread

Professor Lambeau

28 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The kick catch interference call was correct.

Yes, the returner bobbled it, but the ball never hit the ground.  Kick catch protection ends WHEN THE BALL HITS THE GROUND.

It was still on Burn's body when the UTEP player ran into him.

You should have called the booth. The commentators were questioning the call. Drove me crazy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

All year it was discussed the schedule was loaded with the worst teams at the back end. So now were about to prove were the best of the bad teams in CUSA

I figured the team would’ve given up by now and be a shell of a team. By no means are we good but we’re better than the shit..which some people apparently are happy with

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Which schools are that?  Not even major P5's commally do that. 

Arkansas specifically reports the tickets scanned number. I am trying to remember the others I have seen. I am sure a simple FOIA request could get ours (unless North Texas asserted it was a trade secret) but I guarantee all of the chronic wild crowd over estimators on here would not be happy with the numbers. 

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Arkansas specifically reports the tickets scanned number.

Everyone does this, the dirty secret is that if someone buys a ticket and doesn't show up, that ticket will get reprinted and scanned.  Yes, even the P5s.

When a certain school to the south of us first came up, they had some big alumni buy a large amount of tickets for every game.  Never even bothered to give them out they were just scanned to hit the numbers. 

The thing is the NCAA DOES care about FBS schools hitting 15k attendance, You have to turn in audited logs.  They just don't really care how you hit that number.  

• Upvote 1