Shoes

UNTLifer

So, I started noticing last year that some of our players wore some pretty wild shoes that didn't exactly match our green and white colors.  Javion Hamlet, for one, always had some multi-colored version.

Despite rough transitions, Hamlet aspires to be lead guard for the men's  basketball – North Texas Daily

James Reese:

James Reese - Men's Basketball - University of North Texas Athletics

I noticed during the OK Christian game that Jones and McBride had on some interesting colored shoes.  What's the story?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, I started noticing last year that some of our players wore some pretty wild shoes that didn't exactly match our green and white colors.  Javion Hamlet, for one, always had some multi-colored version.

Despite rough transitions, Hamlet aspires to be lead guard for the men's  basketball – North Texas Daily

James Reese:

James Reese - Men's Basketball - University of North Texas Athletics

I noticed during the OK Christian game that Jones and McBride had on some interesting colored shoes.  What's the story?

They like the shoes….? For a decade it’s been a trend (at least). 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Shouldn’t the athletic department be giving them free shoes from whoever they want?

I am pretty sure we are a Nike school.  I just started noticing it with Hamlet and Reese, since most schools shoes have a color scheme that matches their school colors and those two were wearing some pretty wild shoes.  I just thought it was unique and would love to know the player's reasoning behind their choices.  Fluff piece for fun.  

• Eye Roll 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Wasarad said:

I didn't quite understand your approach to these players' sneakers. Well, do you like it or not? I didn't mind what kind of shoes they were wearing. As long as they play well, they feel ok and comfortable. And when I was on the basketball team in high school, it was not essential for us what kind of sneakers we wore, what color. They need to be comfortable and not slip. And now I wear colorful air jordans at forstepstyle sneakers; I have about ten pairs of different colors.

My approach was most teams have their players wear shoes that match the color scheme of the school and some of our players wore some pretty wild shoes.  I stated in the post above that I thought it was unique and was curious as to how the players decided what to wear...that is all.

Oh, and congratulations on your collection of colorful air jordans and welcome to the board. Seems you might just be here to rep some website that is selling ridiculously priced shoes.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

sneaker culture is very unique to the sport of basketball (because you can wear basketball shoes casually). I think its great that players can wear what they want.  Twitter also seems to follow the sneakers the players and even the coaches a wearing (I think we have seen coach in a couple different Jordans this season)

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, MrAlien said:

the Basketball forum needed a sneaker thread...

noticed Vern was wearing Pine Green Jordan 3's at the game, while coach had some Jordan 1's on

I have the same Pine Green 3s and Pine Green 1s

Mac has some sweet gray and green Jordan 1s that I saw on a website. Probably going to buy soon

*Can’t find a picture of the 1s*

FAFDF2C7-45BB-4841-881D-D0302C4E9860.jpeg

On 12/28/2021 at 8:24 PM, UNTLifer said:

My approach was most teams have their players wear shoes that match the color scheme of the school and some of our players wore some pretty wild shoes.  I stated in the post above that I thought it was unique and was curious as to how the players decided what to wear...that is all.

Oh, and congratulations on your collection of colorful air jordans and welcome to the board. Seems you might just be here to rep some website that is selling ridiculously priced shoes.

Yup ridiculously priced, as in ridiculously low priced. Those prices are for knock offs, $339 for Travis/Fragment Jordan 1s? 

laugh jordan GIF

Try over 3k. 

https://stockx.com/air-jordan-1-high-og-sp-fragment-design-x-travis-scott