What would it take for you to have Seth come back?

Jonnyeagle

What would it take for you to have Seth come back?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What needs to happed for Seth to come back?

• Needs to win UTEP and FIU
    • Needs to win FIU
    • Needs to win UTEP, FIU and UTSA but can lose the bowl
    • Needs to win UTEP, FIU, UTSA and the bowl game
    • It makes no difference; he needs to go
    • It makes no difference he needs to stay

1 hour ago, eulessismore said:

Why wouldn't we want SL (and UNT) to win out, including a bowl win? If he did that, then left, he would probably have a better chance for a well paying assistant position somewhere, reducing the amount of our payout

Why would he leave on his own if he won 6 straight and had just beat a Top 20 UTSA and won a bowl?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I say it doesn’t matter. I WANT us to win out, of course. But I’m tired of below average football.

I guarantee this will be the same next year, so wins/losses shouldn’t matter, I don’t want him back…

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

He couldn't win in a bad CUSA, he needs to go.

rupauls drag race raven GIF

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, NM Green said:

To me the timing has come and gone. The decision has been made. You can’t wait to see if he wins the bowl game. It’s too late. Wren and President are planners. I have a feeling he was fired after UAB. Business people can’t let that product sell tickets next year. If he goes out on a high note, great, but he’s bound to be already gone, right? He just might win the wrong 6 games. 

GMG

If that's the case, the announcement HAS to be made. It serves no purpose to delay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Hearing that chant at that time (during actual gameplay, not shoehorned in-between the 1st & 2nd quarter while people are going to the bathroom during a game we're being murdered in), and end in that way is what makes it so great.   
I swear, whoever's idea it was to make sure we do the "NORTH/TEXAS" chant in between the 1st & 2nd quarter no matter what needs to be fired with Littrell.   I hope someone has been paying attention over the past few weeks to how pathetic it sounded.

I've said all along. That chant is perfect for after we score a TD, the band has finished the fight song, and we are waiting to kick off. But, what could I Possibly know about getting the crowd pumped?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Why would he leave on his own if he won 6 straight and had just beat a Top 20 UTSA and won a bowl?

Why would we assume that he would not, or that he wouldn't otherwise be released, when there is an example of someone much more successful at another level (and recently more competitive against power 5 teams) leaving by "mutual agreement" just last week:

https://footballscoop.com/news/john-grass-steps-down-jacksonville-state

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 11/11/2021 at 6:18 PM, Tom McKrackin said:

I put Seth needs to go period and the reason why is his recruiting has stunk and even though his ranking are high I do not believe in the rankings and neither should anyone else.  I will be attending the Buffalo and UTA games and hope to see some of you not named Lifer there. 

Can I hear your reasoning behind the recruiting opinion? His first 3 classes were terrible and everyone can pretty much agree on that but look at the depth chart for this week, there are 48 players (not counting special teams) that are listed as starter or backup and 33 of those 48 are from the last 3 classes. 

We have 6 classes of players currently on our team and about 70% of the players who see the most time on the field are from the 3 most recent classes.  Most teams are led by seniors and juniors and we have basically none of that except for a small handful of players. I'll rag on Littrell any day about his first 3 classes because that's what has put us in this hole the last couple of seasons, but to say these recent classes are over rated seems a bit inaccurate and I'd love to hear your perspective on why you feel that way.

• Upvote 5

There is nothing Littrell can do that would merit him keeping his job. Even if he wins out, he is not the coach to lead us into the American. Littrell hasn't been able to keep UNT competitive in a weak C-USA over the last few season. Why would anyone think he will make us competitive once we move to a stronger American Conference? Not happening. Littrell needs to go at soon as the season ends. We need to get our next coach in place so we can build for our future in the American.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

There is nothing Littrell can do that would merit him keeping his job. Even if he wins out, he is not the coach to lead us into the American. Littrell hasn't been able to keep UNT competitive in a weak C-USA over the last few season. Why would anyone think he will make us competitive once we move to a stronger American Conference? Not happening. Littrell needs to go at soon as the season ends. We need to get our next coach in place so we can build for our future in the American.

We can all agree Littrell took over a mess. One win team the year before to 5 wins, then back to back 9 win seasons. Had an awful 4 win season after that, yes. But if we are ignoring the Covid year and then he bounces back to 7-6 and a bowl win this year, that’s really not an awful tenure. I almost can’t believe I’m making this argument, but here we are. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 3

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We can all agree Littrell took over a mess. One win team the year before to 5 wins, then back to back 9 win seasons. Had an awful 4 win season after that, yes. But if we are ignoring the Covid year and then he bounces back to 7-6 and a bowl win this year, that’s really not an awful tenure. I almost can’t believe I’m making this argument, but here we are. 

Very low standards when you consider the money invested and his salary

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Any talk about him winning out and winning a bowl game lies so purely in the realm of the hypothetical...we are underdogs against UTEP, we could easily be 20-point underdogs against UTSA, and any bowl eligible team would be expected to pummel us...I don't know why so many here seem to be getting worked up about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Any talk about him winning out and winning a bowl game lies so purely in the realm of the hypothetical...we are underdogs against UTEP, we could easily be 20-point underdogs against UTSA, and any bowl eligible team would be expected to pummel us...I don't know why so many here seem to be getting worked up about it.

Message boards live in hypotheticals. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Sure Littrell will be here next year if he wins the next three and a bowl game.  

I really don't understand NT fans that hope the team loses for any reason. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Sure Littrell will be here next year if he wins the next three and a bowl game.  

I really don't understand NT fans that hope the team loses for any reason. 

No I do not want us to lose but it's a sad reflection that our hope is to win enough to stay irrelevant when it comes to a competitive football team. With his body of work it should not even matter.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No I do not want us to lose but it's a sad reflection that our hope is to win enough to stay irrelevant when it comes to a competitive football team. With his body of work it should not even matter.

A serious question have you looked at the teams that NT has lost to.   I am definitely not happy with season, but wish people would wait till season end to discuss coaching change.   

Records of teams that have beat NT:

SMU  8-2

Marshall  6-3

Liberty  7-3

La Tech 2-7

Missouri  4-5 SEC

UAB  6-3

Only La Tech, I would characterize as a bad loss 

People downplay NT winning against bad teams, but seem to never look at the other side. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

A serious question have you looked at the teams that NT has lost to.   I am definitely not happy with season, but wish people would wait till season end to discuss coaching change.   

Records of teams that have beat NT:

SMU  8-2

Marshall  6-3

Liberty  7-3

La Tech 2-7

Missouri  4-5 SEC

UAB  6-3

Only La Tech, I would characterize as a bad loss 

People downplay NT winning against bad teams, but seem to never look at the other side. 

• SMU was a bad loss.
  • UAB was a bad loss.
  • La Tech was a blown chance
  • Marshall we were not competitive
  • Liberty was a blown chance (they lost to ULM the week before)

I guess you are better able to justify the performance of a $2M coach than I can

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:
  • SMU was a bad loss.
  • UAB was a bad loss.

I guess you are better able to justify the performance of a $2M coach than I can

^^^^^This guy is spot on. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:
  • SMU was a bad loss.
  • UAB was a bad loss.

What does what he is paid have to do with anything.   If he was making 600k a year would you be happier?

Please post every day, how much you want Littrell gone, I am sure the Administrative is taking note. 

I frankly don't care about Littrell one way or the other, I just want NT to be successful. 

However, I am sure no one by posting on this board is going to influence any decision.   So I wonder why some feel it necessary to post anti-Littrell stuff even while the game is going on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

What does what he is paid have to do with anything.   If he was making 600k a year would you be happier?

Please post every day, how much you want Littrell gone, I am sure the Administrative is taking note. 

I frankly don't care about Littrell one way or the other, I just want NT to be successful. 

However, I am sure no one by posting on this board is going to influence any decision.   So I wonder why some feel it necessary to post anti-Littrell stuff even while the game is going on. 

He is not doing very well in this game and I get why the fans are sharing their displeasure.  Why are you so adamant in your defense of him?

• Thanks 1