What would it take for you to have Seth come back?

Jonnyeagle

What would it take for you to have Seth come back?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What needs to happed for Seth to come back?

• Needs to win UTEP and FIU
    • Needs to win FIU
    • Needs to win UTEP, FIU and UTSA but can lose the bowl
    • Needs to win UTEP, FIU, UTSA and the bowl game
    • It makes no difference; he needs to go
    • It makes no difference he needs to stay

I voted win out and the bowl game.  However if we get an opponent ranked in the top 20, play a very close competitive game and lose I would be okay with him coming back.  That wouldn’t be my preference though.  A division championship just doesn’t cut it as the only significant team achievement outside the classroom in a 5 year run.  (That is taking out the the Covid year).

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

Remember they have to pay him either way, so if they hire another coach then they would essentially be paying for 2 head coaches, not to mention what happens to the rest of the staff.   I think he has a decent shot at keeping his job based on that already, so unless they get blown out by UTEP or FIU I think he sticks around. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 3

44 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Remember they have to pay him either way, so if they hire another coach then they would essentially be paying for 2 head coaches, not to mention what happens to the rest of the staff.   I think he has a decent shot at keeping his job based on that already, so unless they get blown out by UTEP or FIU I think he sticks around. 

Seth and PB are probably the only two not on year-to-year contracts. If he does not win out and he stays the "hard core" fans will still be but it could be a very rough 2022. Even if he wins out it comes down to the body of work. Is UNT progressing and putting a competitive team on the field? If you remove the green glasses the answer if very clear.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think this program's history is so awful that many of y'all's floors are just too low.   You're still thinking like it's still 'little ol' UNT' with a cobbled-together budget.

Y'all.   THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!    It's safe to raise your standards, and demand a little bit more from the head coach and the Athletic department than a 36-38 overall record and 3 straight losing seasons in year 6.

I really hope Wren and Neal see this thread (or someone in the AD relays it to them), and they view it not as job security due to Stockholm Syndrome'd fans, but as the challenge they need to overcome to achieve full buy-in from the fans.

We'll see if people keep that same energy after this weekend. 

• Upvote 6

• Harry featured this topic
57 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think this program's history is so awful that many of y'all's floors are just too low.   You're still thinking like it's still 'little ol' UNT' with a cobbled-together budget.

Y'all.   THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!    It's safe to raise your standards, and demand a little bit more from the head coach and the Athletic department than a 36-38 overall record and 3 straight losing seasons in year 6.

I really hope Wren and Neal see this thread (or someone in the AD relays it to them), and they view it not as job security due to Stockholm Syndrome'd fans, but as the challenge they need to overcome to achieve full buy-in from the fans.

You're correct, but suffering for decades as a UNT fan certainly leaves one to be cautious if not fully pessimistic.  Too many times, we've thought we had turned the corner, only to be let down again.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Time to see if there really is a #NEWDENTON or the same ole #OLDDENTON 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Just 4 short years ago under this head coach.

Hearing that chant at that time (during actual gameplay, not shoehorned in-between the 1st & 2nd quarter while people are going to the bathroom during a game we're being murdered in), and end in that way is what makes it so great.   
I swear, whoever's idea it was to make sure we do the "NORTH/TEXAS" chant in between the 1st & 2nd quarter no matter what needs to be fired with Littrell.   I hope someone has been paying attention over the past few weeks to how pathetic it sounded.

• Upvote 7

57 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

magic time machine to go back and erase the last two season and this one.  We have not been beating teams with winning records.

If you jumped on that MTM and told the UNT fans that we would have 3 straight seasons like we have and that there would even be a question of keeping Seth around they would laugh at you.

• Upvote 2

To me the timing has come and gone. The decision has been made. You can’t wait to see if he wins the bowl game. It’s too late. Wren and President are planners. I have a feeling he was fired after UAB. Business people can’t let that product sell tickets next year. If he goes out on a high note, great, but he’s bound to be already gone, right? He just might win the wrong 6 games. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 3