If it comes down to this….

StealthEagle84

2 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

If (in your scenario, we go on a 6 game win streak to end the season (with wins against an above .500 UTEP, a potentially ranked UTSA and a bowl win), then Littrell would have an overall record of 38-37 with UNT and a 26-21 conference record. Additionally, he has brought in some of our best recruiting classes (if you believe in rankings), and a 6 game win streak would show he has developed the young talent currently on the roster. 

This is a far fetched scenario...let's just start there...

...but if it happened, most people on this board would be ecstatic with where we stand and would be itching for the 2022 season.

I'd be in this camp.   It would probably mean, happy, confident Littrell would be back.   And it would mean the players believe again.  It would be an extremely memorable season in Mean Green lore (starting out 1-6 only to roar back and win 6 straight... incredible!).   I'd dub it the CIRCLE-THE-WAGONS Season™️.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

If (in your scenario, we go on a 6 game win streak to end the season (with wins against an above .500 UTEP, a potentially ranked UTSA and a bowl win), then Littrell would have an overall record of 38-37 with UNT and a 26-21 conference record. Additionally, he has brought in some of our best recruiting classes (if you believe in rankings), and a 6 game win streak would show he has developed the young talent currently on the roster. 

This is a far fetched scenario...let's just start there...

...but if it happened, most people on this board would be ecstatic with where we stand and would be itching for the 2022 season.

didn't do the math right....I stand corrected on the overall record

But to your point.....that scenario IS far fetched. Littrell has beaten 2 pretty bad teams the past few weeks and we're all looking forward to steaming toward a 6-6 finish. He has shown that won't happen. The UTEP game will be interesting. basically a toss up according to Vegas. We should beat a bad FIU team (although I believe they will have an interim HC, that usually gives Littrell issues) and we'll more than likely be double digit underdogs at home vs UTSA.

I would bet we'll finish 4-8 maybe 5-7 and he'll be gone anyway. But I would just love to see them come out and win Saturday and the next Saturday and play spoiler on the 27th. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

Not only will I be rooting for UNT, but if a ranked UTSA rolls into town to play at Apogee, I'm canceling plans with the family and driving 5 hours to Denton to be at that game.

Dude, if this happens find me at the game, first beer and turkey leg on me.  But they have to 5-6 for me showing up guaranteed.  Otherwise I might have to bow out.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I will be rooting for the Mean Green as always, but if we lose I won’t be nearly as upset as usual.  

It’s kind of like when my son played travel baseball.  I wanted them to win every tournament, but when they lost and I got to go home, I wasn’t too upset.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2