If it comes down to this….

StealthEagle84

11 hours ago, Udomann said:

(C) I will always root for UNT to win no matter the circumstance and hope that our AD knows the best path forward better than me.

Bingo. There’s someone making $700k and someone making just about that whose job it is to see through the noise and make the best decision for our program. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

We're assuming we win against UTEP, which will be no small feat. If we spot them 14 points like we did against S. Miss. then put another L in the loss column. I think it will have more to do with how we play from here on out that will determine if Seth stays or goes. Got to look at the entire body of work.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ve got news for you, if we win the next two games, SL will be back in 2022. Hell, he’s got a decent chance of being back if he just wins one of them.

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

And I never, ever, ever hope we lose.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

There is no way a 7-6 finish with a 6 game win streak and our first win over a ranked opponent in 47 years doesn’t get Seth an extra year. And the reality is it SHOULD get him an extra year. 

He will be 7-6 finishing his 6th year and have an overall losing record in a mediocre barely above .500 record in 6 seasons. That is an eternity in coaching years meaning the sample size is legit. But more importantly, if we beat UTEP and UTSA that will get his win total vs winning FBS teams up to TEN. Ten wins against FBS teams with winning records in 6 years making nearly $2 million per year. That's simply not good enough.

Littrell should've been gone after the Marshall game. Because he goes 2-0 against winning FBS teams to end the season doesn't erase what he's done here overall. It's time for a new HC.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The absolute best case for our team is to beat UTSA to end the year, end the season on a hot streak, some of the young talent getting valuable PT, get to a bowl game and we get a new HC to take this team to the next level next season.

That's the dream scenario.

Assuming you mean beating UTEP & FIU beforehand as well? 
I think you'll find that scenario will piss off a vast majority of the players who'll feel like they've "righted the ship" playing their butts off for Littrell, only to see him get canned.   
There would be a mass exodus to the portal in that scenario, especially if they happened to win the bowl game as well.
Wren would know this. 
We'd have another year of Littrell for sure.

The only way I see this scenario unfolding though would be if somehow UAB knocks off UTSA, letting all the air out of the tires:  bye bye undefeated sesason, C-USA championship (heck, even C-USA West Division crown), top 25 ranking, etc....    I could see UTSA feeling like they worked so hard for nothing, come out extremely flat, and NT catches them sleepwalking.
But if UTSA comes to Apogee undefeated...  it won't matter how hard we root for our beloved Mean Green, UNT will be in for a terrible evening.  There's no way they'd let our run game take everything away from them.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

He will be 7-6 finishing his 6th year and have an overall losing record in 6 seasons. That is an eternity in coaching years meaning the sample size is legit. But more importantly, if we beat UTEP and UTSA that will get his win total vs winning FBS teams up to TEN. Ten wins against FBS teams with winning records in 6 years making nearly $2 million per year. That's simply not good enough.

Littrell should've been gone after the Marshall game. Because he goes 2-0 against winning FBS teams to end the season doesn't erase what he's done here overall. It's time for a new HC.

If (in your scenario, we go on a 6 game win streak to end the season (with wins against an above .500 UTEP, a potentially ranked UTSA and a bowl win), then Littrell would have an overall record of 38-37 with UNT and a 26-21 conference record. Additionally, he has brought in some of our best recruiting classes (if you believe in rankings), and a 6 game win streak would show he has developed the young talent currently on the roster. 

This is a far fetched scenario...let's just start there...

...but if it happened, most people on this board would be ecstatic with where we stand and would be itching for the 2022 season.

• Upvote 3

I always want a win, however I thought this would be a 3 win team coming into the season...

that said, I think he probably keeps his job with 1 more win. 

SL has a contract and is owed money for next season either way... Should the school find a hire a suitable coach, that coach would probably want a similar salary and maybe more to bring in his own staff... I just do not see the spending that kind of money right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3