FBS Coaching Changes

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't get it at all.  He's in a situation where he's in the 4-team playoff more years than not.  Now he's going somewhere that hasn't really been nationally relevant in years, but they expect a coach to compete for national championships?  Surely the A.D. at OU didn't suggest that he might want to move on?

Didn't want to compete in the SEC. He knows what's in store. It's what's in store for everyone not named Alabama, getting to 10 wins is considered really good and haaaarrrrd to do. His norm at OU would no longer be his norm. 0 chance. So, he ran from it with his tail tucked. 

• Upvote 1

USC or OU? USC fans have more teeth than OU fans. And most actually went to a college, if not the college of their t-shirts. 

I think there's no question it will be far harder for OU in the SEC than the Big XII, regardless of the division they wind up in. Yes, A&M has been roughly the same but "same" for Aggie means middle of the pack. OU has been at the top of the Big XII for quite a while. 

• Upvote 2

If someone had told me four years ago that Billy Napier could use La-La as a springboard to the University of Florida head coaching job I would've made them take a drug test.

It goes to show that sustained winning at any level of the FBS makes things happen. North Texas isn't doomed by fate and C. C. Nolen to eternal football damnation.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Didn't want to compete in the SEC. He knows what's in store. It's what's in store for everyone not named Alabama, getting to 10 wins is considered really good and haaaarrrrd to do. His norm at OU would no longer be his norm. 0 chance. So, he ran from it with his tail tucked. 

That's what it looks like to me too. USC's proud, demanding fan base isn't going to like him much if he struggles.

Lincoln Riley got one sniff of the SEC and ran away screaming like George Costanza shoving old ladies and children to escape a fire.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Bull shit. He got a great opportunity and took it, like Hayden did when he went to Iowa in the middle of the night.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1