FBS Coaching Changes

El Paso Eagle

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Very helpful"

El Paso Eagle was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

As of today

TEAM 2021 COACH 2022 COACH

Akron

Tom Arth

TBD

Georgia Southern

Chad Lunsford / Kevin Whitley (i)

Clay Helton

LSU

Ed Orgeron

TBD

TCU

Gary Patterson / Jerry Kill (i)

TBD

Texas Tech

Matt Wells / Sonny Cumbie (i)

Joey McGuire

UConn

Randy Edsall / Lou Spanos (i)

TBD

UMass

Walt Bell

TBD

USC

Clay Helton / Donte Williams (i)

TBD

Washington State

Nick Rolovich / Jake Dickert (i)

TBD

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Maybe it’s just my normal self-protection mode of being a UNT Football fan over the last 30+ years, but I truly have prepared myself for the reality that we will be stuck with SL another season if he wins another game. To be clear, I want him gone. Beating the dregs of FBS and a FCS spare to get to 4 wins or more is the absolute lowest level of accepted SUCK-sess that anyone could accept after the previous two seasons of winning 4 games each while beating the dregs of FBS and FCS spares.

So that’s why it ok if we lose out. It’s the only chance we have to get the huge buyout paid to get SL out of town.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

Trust in Baker.  A couple of months ago everyone was on edge thinking we would be left behind in the conference reshuffling only to find out that Pres. Smatresk and AD Baker had been working behind the scenes for the past year positioning our alma mater for the next step.  I am not convinced McGuire would have ever considered us and Helton and Mora were never on our radar.  

• Upvote 4

ESPN+ subscribers can find a new article, detailing the top candidates to replace Mullen at Florida.

Florida's next football coach: The top candidates to replace Dan Mullen (by Adam Rittenberg)

I'm not gonna copy-paste the thing, that's not my point here, but I want to list the names.  I want to know the board's thoughts on these guys as possible Mean Green candidates:

Oregon coach Mario Cristobal
Louisiana coach Billy Napier
Bob Stoops
Penn State coach James Franklin
Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien
Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell
Kentucky coach Mark Stoops
Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin nah
Michigan State coach Mel Tucker
Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

ESPN+ subscribers can find a new article, detailing the top candidates to replace Mullen at Florida.

Florida's next football coach: The top candidates to replace Dan Mullen (by Adam Rittenberg)

I'm not gonna copy-paste the thing, that's not my point here, but I want to list the names.  I want to know the board's thoughts on these guys as possible Mean Green candidates:

Oregon coach Mario Cristobal
Louisiana coach Billy Napier
Bob Stoops
Penn State coach James Franklin
Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien
Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell
Kentucky coach Mark Stoops
Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin nah
Michigan State coach Mel Tucker
Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn

None of them would come here. Not even Bill O’Brien.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Looks like Lincoln Riley headed to LSU

I think Coach Riley is taking a calculated risk. OU and UT will have a rude SEC awakening.  They are used to having big financial and recruiting advantages over their conference opponents.  LSU and OU are equally likely to fire him once OU joins the SEC.

• Upvote 1

If this is true then SL should have been winning here and then he would have had a chance at his dream job. He didn't win here consistently and now OU probably wouldn't even offer him an OC position even though I believe that is where his heart has been all along instead of on making North Texas a winner.

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1