Oklahoma Christian (11/9/2021)

greenminer

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Way too soon question: Is there a path for us to get ranked this year? I would love love to see the Super Put crowd size if/when we are T20.  Not necessarily this year. Just, ya know, in my lifetime.

Maybe if we knocked off KU!

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

One thing I noticed and might be a concerned for the team is I don't know if he have that guy who can drive to the basket like Hamlet did.  I know it is early but that is one thing I notice tonight.  Nice crowd for a game that does not count.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2

First game thoughts:

One game and particularly a first game against an inferior opponent does not mean a lot.

The team started off slow and labored until I think OK whatever ran out of gas/

My biggest problem with the game is until about 3 minutes left in the game, NT went with basically a 7 player rotation.  
Familiar McCasland pattern, but I hope this team is much more deep than the last two years.

Positives:

Ousmane looks very good before he got into foul trouble.  It might just be the competition; but he dominated

Bell, Murray, and McBride seem ready to take another step up.

Perry looks like the star of the team.  He was the only threat from the three, and didn't make many mistakes at point.

Negatives:

Jones couldn't shoot, but played an adequate point

Wright has got to be a lot better than he was in this game.  

Again, I wish McCasland would look at more players in games

No real look at any of the freshmen players

The oc will definitely tell us much more about this team.   At this point, I do believe NT will be in the CUSA chase for a title.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

First game thoughts:

One game and particularly a first game against an inferior opponent does not mean a lot.

The team started off slow and labored until I think OK whatever ran out of gas/

My biggest problem with the game is until about 3 minutes left in the game, NT went with basically a 7 player rotation.  
Familiar McCasland pattern, but I hope this team is much more deep than the last two years.

Positives:

Ousmane looks very good before he got into foul trouble.  It might just be the competition; but he dominated

Bell, Murray, and McBride seem ready to take another step up.

Perry looks like the star of the team.  He was the only threat from the three, and didn't make many mistakes at point.

Negatives:

Jones couldn't shoot, but played an adequate point

Wright has got to be a lot better than he was in this game.  

Again, I wish McCasland would look at more players in games

No real look at any of the freshmen players

The oc will definitely tell us much more about this team.   At this point, I do believe NT will be in the CUSA chase for a title.

I agree on most.

Some positives for sure like Tylor Perry, but some negatives like 3s not falling at all.
A lot of turnovers that are completely unforced as well.

But OCU isn’t the worst D2 team we’ve played.
Wide open shots have to be hit, mainly in the bigger games. Too many missed opportunities offensively that led to OCU getting back in transition and scoring.
When we have a smaller lineup in, it seems to work better overall. we are going to struggle against lengthy teams on offense…
Ball movement looked much better, minus the drives to the lane and Rubin/Tylor attempting to kick out back out.
Physicality looked better in the 2nd half, but people like Rubin being too hesitant hurt.

McCasland knows what he’s doing, and I have full faith this can get turned around.

Now BEAT BUFFALO

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1