Jacksonville State will bring the party to CUSA

Coach Andy Mac

JSU takes the prize in college football this season for unexpected twists, unlikely upgrades and questionable decisions after the school announced it was joining Conference USA (and moving from the FCS to FBS) on a news-dump Friday, and then, A DAY LATER, announced that it was firing coach John Grass.

This is the same team that started the season being shut out by UAB 31-0, BUT THEN went on the road the next week and upset Florida State 20-17 with a walk-off touchdown.

Jacksonville State, we love you, and so we’re worried.

And also really excited.

But also definitely confused.

Jacksonville State was already leaving the OVC for the ASUN but was going to compete in the WAC in football until, well … somebody please help this make sense. I feel like I’m at a Jacksonville State frat party and someone just walked in the front door with a chainsaw, handle of rum and a pet goat named Randy Owen Rides Again.

read more:  https://www.al.com/sports/2021/11/jacksonville-state-will-bring-the-party-to-cusa.html?outputType=amp

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

They just said goodbye to the Southland, so it will be interesting to see if they let hurt feelings go and do what's right.

Business decisions should prevail over hurt feelings except in the state of Louisiana. ULM should be in Southland, La, Tech in Sun Belt, but not going to happen. Best thing for CUSA is if MTSU stays put holding W.Ky. back with them.

• Upvote 2

CUSA should have been left to die. FBS needed less teams, not more. Now Judy is just perpetuating the issue of segregating the G5 from the P5(or 6, now that we totally 100% embrace the moniker, right?) with weaker teams.

I can't believe the NCAAF actually allowed this to happen... But maybe I can if they intend to see a new CFB league appear from the P5 (or 6, cause HELL YEAH). All signs are pointing to Tier 1 CFB, Tier 2 CFB, and FCS

Edited by Udomann

52 minutes ago, Udomann said:

CUSA should have been left to die. FBS needed less teams, not more. Now Judy is just perpetuating the issue of segregating the G5 from the P5(or 6, now that we totally 100% embrace the moniker, right?) with weaker teams.

I can't believe the NCAAF actually allowed this to happen... But maybe I can if they intend to see a new CFB league appear from the P5 (or 6, cause HELL YEAH). All signs are pointing to Tier 1 CFB, Tier 2 CFB, and FCS

I have always thought that college football divisions should similar to high school except separation based upon Athletic Budget instead of enrollment.

• Upvote 1