DRC Sunday column: It's time to start pondering the possibility of monumental matchup with UTSA following UNT's win over Southern Miss

Brett Vito

13 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Roll your eyes all you want but we’ll be the favorites for next week and FIU. Gonna get real interesting. 

Point?  We are still poorly coached, SL needs to go and we don't deserve to go to a bowl game.  

I swear Vito mentions the possibility of a bowl and sits back and chuckles at the people on here that run with that nonsense.  Enjoy the wins, but let's not overreact.

Chill Out GIF by Desus & Mero 

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Point?  We are still poorly coached, SL needs to go and we don't deserve to go to a bowl game.  

I swear Vito mentions the possibility of a bowl and sits back and chuckles at the people on here that run with that nonsense.  Enjoy the wins, but let's not overreact.

Chill Out GIF by Desus & Mero 

UNT has gone to 3 bowl games with losing records which must be some kind of an NCAA record.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:39 AM, MeanGreen22 said:

Roll your eyes all you want but we’ll be the favorites for next week and FIU. Gonna get real interesting. 

No it is not time to look too far ahead. NT will play UTEP this Saturday. NT is not the favorite. Depending on which sports book you go to , this game is somewhere between a pick'em and UTEP being a 2.5 points favorite. Which is actually surprisingly little considering the records thus far. Is the potential and talent at NT sooo much bigger than the record indicates? You bet ya. But there is also a lot of reason to believe that NT doesn't have the leadership to deliver on that potential. This team has a lot to prove before it (or its fans) can afford to overlook an opponent that is already bowl eligible.

Edited by outoftown

If we spend more time saying "is UTSA a rivalry?" then "I hate UTSA!", is it really a rivalry?

If board mods and beat writers need to keep hammering home that it is a rivalry for it to be a rivalry, is it really a rivalry?

If the other school needs KFC promos to jump start their branding, is it a rivalry?

questions, no info

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

If we spend more time saying "is UTSA a rivalry?" then "I hate UTSA!", is it really a rivalry?

Rivalry would be a step up right now. We aren't rivals. We are stepping stones this season.

They have an upward trajectory. We have... well... a trajectory? I don't even know who or what our team is right now.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Rivalry would be a step up right now. We aren't rivals. We are stepping stones this season.

They have an upward trajectory. We have... well... a trajectory? I don't even know who or what our team is right now.

IMO, true rivalries are not contingent on the program trajectories.

• Upvote 2