Today's Uniforms - A miss!

El Paso Eagle

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Good take"

El Paso Eagle was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 15 points.

The all white had a chance to be classic, but, IMO. we blew it. No name on the back and no "Mean Green" across the front. Looked bad on TV. Maybe we could actually try to solidify our brand name. Would like to see us stop changing uniform combinations every week. And please put the names on the back. Looks cheap.

image.png.2fa41fb593dfcd3505db3abbcc8d0832.png

I know this will piss of many, but SMU has absolutely blown us away in the way the are promoting their branding.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 10

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I agree.  Can we please get “Denton” across the front of our jerseys and the logo below on the helmets?  😒😒😒

B5270BC6-4FD3-43F0-B4F2-D89A83D5B6AF.gif

But you know, I would bet more people recognize the "Dallas" across the front than a jersey with no name on the front or back

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The all white had a chance to be classic, but, IMO. we blew it. No name on the back and no "Mean Green" across the front. Looked bad on TV. Maybe we could actually try to solidify our brand name. Would like to see us stop changing uniform combinations every week. And please put the names on the back. Looks cheap.

image.png.2fa41fb593dfcd3505db3abbcc8d0832.png

I know this will piss of many, but SMU has absolutely blown us away in the way the are promoting their branding.

We are never gonna see these wing uniforms ever again, and I think we looked great today 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

I am fascinated by the fact that there seems to an assumption that people watching a game do know the names of the teams playing...it is my first priority to know who the heck I am watching, and it is not from the uniforms..

• Upvote 3
  • RV 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I watched part of the 2nd half with a couple of guys who watch quite a both of college ball. One commented that you guy aren't you the ones who have the helmets like Oregon? The other asked if we were the Eagles or Mean Green, or what. Bottom line our branding is bad. Week after week changes in uniforms and helmets. Yes, if your someone who follows us closely and wears the green glasses you know, but as far as for others looking in we are a look like were a mess.  

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I agree.  Can we please get “Denton” across the front of our jerseys and the logo below on the helmets?  😒😒😒

I see some people missed my heavy sarcasm.   What SMU is doing is ridiculous schtick and it is failing miserably as evidenced by their crowds during a good season.  

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I see some people missed my heavy sarcasm.   What SMU is doing is ridiculous schtick and it is failing miserably as evidenced by their crowds during a good season.  

It may have helped bringing transfers back to Dallas, but a small private school with bad parking is going to have a tough time competing with the professional sports teams for the entertainment dollar. On the other hand, TCU is the only game in town, which is why Dykes may make a move,

• Upvote 2

On 11/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, emmitt01 said:

This line of thinking has been the Achilles Heal of North Texas athletics forever.  Why are we limiting ourselves?  Why?

We are Texas' team 

Tire Cover Central Texas Flag Spare Tire Cover Black Vinyl 265/70r17 -  Walmart.com

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Branding is always an interesting conversation to me. John Hedlund, at one of the coaches caravans years back, was lamenting that Rick V was so set on "North Texas." He said he would go to soccer tournaments recruiting and there are so many club soccer teams that use "North Texas <insert team name>" that people always asked him what club team he was with. He would have to explain that he was with the University of North Texas. He wanted "UNT" on everything to help make that distinction. Just some food for thought from arguably the most successful coach in Mean Green history.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:16 AM, emmitt01 said:

It’s actually quite comical how they think the “Dallas brand” is working, yet 99% of Dallas could care less about SMU and their barely above average football team.

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, greenjoe said:

I don’t give down votes.  If I did, I would feel the responsibility to attach my name to my down vote.  It’s easy to hide behind a keyboard.  

Voting, in general, on any post is the single dumbest facet of this board. If you like a post, tell that person you like their post. If you don’t like the post, tell that poster why it’s not one you like. It’s a fan board. Having content that people read normally helps traffic…it’s just a crazy thought that could actually be profitable for the owners of the site.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It’s actually quite comical how they think the “Dallas brand” is working, yet 99% of Dallas could care less about SMU and their barely above average football team.

Barely above average? They’ve been ranked this season and are gonna go bowling. My definition of barely above average would be a team like UTEP that has to have the easiest 6 wins in FBS this season.

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

As someone who was born in Dallas I think that City of Dallas logo on their helmet is the bee's knees.

Saying something nice about SMU just made me throw up in my mouth a little. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1