Don’t take the fool’s gold

emmitt01

Yes, USM is a bad team but we completely dominated this game. We’re closer than you give credit for to be being a good team. You may not like it but this team is tough and shows grit, and they get that from their head coach. Be prepared. Littrell will be back next season. I’m not giving up on our kids and our fan base shouldn't either. 

• Upvote 10
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 5

3 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Yes, USM is a bad team but we completely dominated this game. We’re closer than you give credit for to be being a good team. You may not like it but this team is tough and shows grit, and they get that from their head coach. Be prepared. Littrell will be back next season. I’m not giving up on our kids and our fan base shouldn't either. 

If we had just middle of the road qb play it could be a different story. 

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Yes, USM is a bad team but we completely dominated this game. 

True, but we started 14-0 against this bad team.  Against a slightly better team, we would have started down 21-0 or worse, and never would have been able to come back.

But there are some very commendable points.  The O-line's run blocking looks greatly improved.  The defense is playing very well, and looked to be at least more disciplined than in other recent games.

I'm just enjoying a win; and this one win is no commentary on the stability of the head coach's job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Very true. Problem is: How confident are you that NT will have middle of the road competent QB play next season? I see no signs pointing that direction right now.

It will have to be a transfer. Would not be surprised to see Ruder give it up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It will have to be a transfer. Would not be surprised to see Ruder give it up.

There must be more to the Ruder situation than is public. As bad as we have played and for him to only get in due to injury something is up. Also, I'm not sure if there is a team in the FBS that is worse at evaluation FBS level QB transfers than Seth's staff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

There must be more to the Ruder situation than is public. As bad as we have played and for him to only get in due to injury something is up. Also, I'm not sure if there is a team in the FBS that is worse at evaluation FBS level QB transfers than Seth's staff. 

Alec Morris was decent. I would say Dan McCarneys staff was equally as bad though. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What if I told you that I will concede every single point you just made and yet my point still stands.  If UTEP takes away the run, this offense has no way to score points.  And if you think that us “turning the corner” doesn’t have to include having a quarterback they can at least keep a defense honest, then you have a much better outlook on next year than I do. Because I don’t see quarterback play that gets us anywhere close to being a high-level football team.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bq817vgsfvlsfwygf54i

8 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What if I told you that I will concede every single point you just made and yet my point still stands.  If UTEP takes away the run, this offense has no way to score points.  And if you think that us “turning the corner” doesn’t have to include having a quarterback they can at least keep a defense honest, then you have a much better outlook on next year than I do. Because I don’t see quarterback play that gets us anywhere close to being a high-level football team.

I’ll give it to you that the QB play is far from stellar, actually subpar. But we also have no one to throw to. Injuries and departures have depleted our WR corp, and our RBs for that matter. Our offense is playing with bare bones talent but we’re still playing physical football. We need a QB yes and maybe Drummond is the answer? If we can get healthy and find ways to push it downfield, we might be able to run the corner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

18 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I’ll give it to you that the QB play is far from stellar, actually subpar. But we also have no one to throw to. Injuries and departures have depleted our WR corp, and our RBs for that matter. Our offense is playing with bare bones talent but we’re still playing physical football. We need a QB yes and maybe Drummond is the answer? If we can get healthy and find ways to push it downfield, we might be able to run the corner. 

Have you not noticed how many bad passes he throws? That's on him, not the receivers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Have you not noticed how many bad passes he throws? That's on him, not the receivers.

Oh yes, Aune has made some terrible throws. Like I said, he’s been subpar. We need a QB for sure. I’ve actually wondered what this offense would’ve looked like with Bean this year. Bean was not a good passer but we’re missing his athleticism. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1