Fuente update

meangreen11

7 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

And we want his coach? Listless and uninspired are the adjectives that have been used for our present coach.  I don’t get it.

A lot of former P5 coaches bomb on their first (or last) P5 jobs just to find a resurgence in the G5. Look no further than Sonny Dykes and Skip Holtz. Their experience facing teams with borderline NFL level offenses and defenses and recruiting at at such a high level would be a major asset at a school like ours, as would be the case with Fuente facing teams like Clemson and Miami in conference play.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

A lot of former P5 coaches bomb on their first (or last) P5 jobs just to find a resurgence in the G5. Look no further than Sonny Dykes and Skip Holtz. Their experience facing teams with borderline NFL level offenses and defenses and recruiting at at such a high level would be a major asset at a school like ours, as would be the case with Fuente facing teams like Clemson and Miami in conference play.

Littrell also faced teams like Clemson and Miami in conference play and recruited at that same level.  I guess I'm really missing the hype on Fuente because nothing I see makes me want him as our next coach.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

Littrell also faced teams like Clemson and Miami in conference play and recruited at that same level.  I guess I'm really missing the hype on Fuente because nothing I see makes me want him as our next coach.

Not at a head coaching level. Not trying to hype Fuente, just giving examples of how it can work and why despite the massive failure now, guys like Fuente are still desirable 

• Skeptical Eagle 1