Aune ranking this year. 115/130.

10 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Another guy that sucks at QB

And JFC Bailey Zappe... good for him.  We all noticed his ability when he played for HBU and gave the Mean Green all he had. 

If WKU makes the conference title game and a bowl game, Zappe would break the NCAA record for passing yards in a season with his current yards/game. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

If WKU makes the conference title game and a bowl game, Zappe would break the NCAA record for passing yards in a season with his current yards/game. 

I think I said this last year after we played HBU, but Zappe was definitely a D1 QB and a potential NFL player, the fact that WKU got him was a steal. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

I think I said this last year after we played HBU, but Zappe was definitely a D1 QB and a potential NFL player, the fact that WKU got him was a steal. 

Makes one wonder if Kittley (the OC) will get some bigger looks this offseason. He can clearly coach offense and comes from the Kingsbury/Air Raid family

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Makes one wonder if Kittley (the OC) will get some bigger looks this offseason. He can clearly coach offense and comes from the Kingsbury/Air Raid family

He may have to prove it for 1 more year without Zappe.  I'm sure programs will wonder if it's his system, or his QB that is so good.    If it's his system, the next QB at WKU will put up similar numbers (maybe not as much as Zappe, but somewhat close).   If it's Zappe, his offense might not be so hot next season.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm sure programs will wonder if it's his system, or his QB that is so good.

UTSA threw 2.8mil/year contract at coach Traylor to keep him after winning 11 of last 12 games
USC hired Harrell despite all of his OC experience involving Fine.
We threw 700K/year at Wren and he's never made a football hire.

Not saying I think any of these were wrong, but "Wait and see" seems to be a quality that is lost on some people.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I really wanted Zappe after he played us. I doubt SL even tried, but I would have been all over trying to get him to come to UNT after that.

Looks like it was a package deal with the OC and receivers but I’m with you on he should’ve been a target.

6 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Tells a lot now showing where Howell is and how Ruder couldn't beat him out. 

I honestly don't think Ruder recovered from his injury to the same level he once was.  Howell will be a 1st or 2nd round pick in April regardless of this list and Ruder just about beat him out 2 years ago and now he can't win the job on a CUSA team?  Makes you wonder what changed.

• Upvote 2

Aune has not been very good.   But, it has not been all his fault.    The WR's have been decimated this year and have underachieved when healthy.    I do think Aune's ceiling is what we saw last year though, which was not very high.

Bean was absolutely awful last week and replaced.      They are even as QB's in IMO and Bean moving on has neither hurt nor helped our situation.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Impressive seeing Tune at 36 on that list. He has really matured as a passer.

Last night's win over USF he went  21-26, 385 yds, 3 TDs 

I wonder how Littrell would have used him if he had gone to UNT

Yeah because it’s a real downer to see how you guys let a team in USF that had just 2 wins beat your defense like a red headed step child.  

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2