DRC weekly prediction: UNT will keep bowl hopes alive with win over Southern Miss

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Would getting our arse kicked one more time in a bowl game move us forward...lol???

Yes. Post season play. Getting more practice and reps for the young guys. Recruiting going forward says we are a bowl team…record won’t matter. Players want to play in a bowl….we go to bowl games. 

#BOWLGAMESMATTER

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

One of the things I'm considering is, Wren is giving SL a chance to make a bowl game to justify keeping him another year.

I'm never going to wish for our players to lose, but man! at this point I think we should be finding reasons to move on from SL sooner, not finding reasons to keep him later.

Rock and a hard place

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

One of the things I'm considering is, Wren is giving SL a chance to make a bowl game to justify keeping him another year.

I'm never going to wish for our players to lose, but man! at this point I think we should be finding reasons to move on from SL sooner, not finding reasons to keep him later.

This is where I am too.   

And with the talent on this team, they have a very real opportunity to show up to Apogee on 11/27 with a 5-6 record and feeling really good, with absolutely nothing to lose and a bowl game opportunity to gain.
Not saying we're going to beat UTSA, but man, they're going to need to watch out, because if they beat UAB the previous week to secure C-USA West, and punch their ticket to the CCG, then look forward to that game & coast when they come to Apogee, they're gonna lose.   
And I'll be extremely proud, but worried about the future, because we'd likely draw some middling AAC team like East Carolina in the Frisco Bowl, show up en-force, and win that game too.  Then Littrell is back & we're gonna get kicked in the nuts again in 2022, in a very critical season in our transition to the AAC.

In all likelyhood though, NT rolls into that 11/27 matchup 5-6 and feeling like they're gonna show UTSA what's up, only to get smacked down hard because UTSA is gonna be undefeated & not want to let NT take that away... which ends the bowl hopes, and makes it extremely easy for Wren to justify hanging onto Littrell until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Yes. Post season play. Getting more practice and reps for the young guys. Recruiting going forward says we are a bowl team…record won’t matter. Players want to play in a bowl….we go to bowl games. 

#BOWLGAMESMATTER

If you get a Bowl game 3 weeks after the regular season, OK The next few days after the season not as much if you get rolled