Todd Graham

Wag Tag

5 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

yeah, if you are suggesting we go after Graham, I'd rather pursue someone that would want to be at North Texas longer than 10 games.

Check the back story on Pitt which happened 10yrs ago. He was at ASU for 6 years. I am suggesting he should get a serious look. He will probably have the best WL record of other candidates, local ties and only making $800,000 k a year. I guess the Pirate and Lane should not appli.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

“ Just win baby”

4 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

I agree.  Sometimes wonder if that matters the most to the decision makers.

If that were the only qualifier, you’d take Art Briles over Toad Graham all day everyday but it is more complicated than that.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

11 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Not a fair comparison but we can agree to disagree.

You said you wondered if winning mattered most to the decision makers. If winning mattered most, Briles is obviously a better choice than Graham. If we are looking at character too, there are plenty of candidates way better than either Briles or Graham.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

If that were the only qualifier, you’d take Art Briles over Toad Graham all day everyday but it is more complicated than that.

You a Chad Morris fan?  W-L record should be at the top of the list. Have done it multiple schools at different levels even more impressive.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Wag Tag said:

You a Chad Morris fan?  W-L record should be at the top of the list. Have done it multiple schools at different levels even more impressive.

I’m an Art Briles fan but I’ve been told over and over there is zero chance so if character and reputation matter, Todd Graham should not sniff the interview process. Chad Morris is a joke. Clemson actually got better when he left, as did SMU and Arkansas. He was Todd Dodge with better assistants and a bigger budget.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m an Art Briles fan but I’ve been told over and over there is zero chance so if character and reputation matter, Todd Graham should not sniff the interview process. Chad Morris is a joke. Clemson actually got better when he left, as did SMU and Arkansas. He was Todd Dodge with better assistants and a bigger budget.

So you support interviewing Briles, but not Graham because of character issues??? Graham is 104-70 Briles is 99-65 they are both in the 60% win column. The biggest gripe is he may leave. Put in a $10m buy out. (UTSA). Worth a look.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

So you support interviewing Briles, but not Graham because of character issues??? Graham is 104-70 Briles is 99-65 they are both in the 60% win column. The biggest gripe is he may leave. Put in a $10m buy out. (UTSA). Worth a look.

That isn’t what I said. I said if character issues are secondary to winning, then absolutely Briles should be higher on the list. He has a more recent 10-win season than Toad has. What has Toad done in the state of Texas in the last decade? Nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

That isn’t what I said. I said if character issues are secondary to winning, then absolutely Briles should be higher on the list. He has a more recent 10-win season than Toad has. What has Toad done in the state of Texas in the last decade? Nothing.

Around 20% of the roster are Texas kids. He still recruits Texas.

I’ve met the guy and my mom knows him from HS. Hes a sleezebag and all he wants to do is move up to his next big job. Plus hes been inconsistent. Do you wanna know the real reason he was fired by ASU? It’s because after those two back-to-back 10-win seasons his teams were at best average and went 18-20 over the next three years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1