Ten Years In Apogee

DeepGreen

I remember this game being a very hot, early afternoon game where the sun started going down and shaded the Mean Green Sideline by halftime, and just left the Ball St. sideline to BAKE for the second half where they just wore down while NT chipped away at their lead.

Apogee can be an incredible home field advantage if we kick off those early September games around 2:00 - 3:00.   Of course, it sucks for the students over there having to deal with the heat/sun too... but hey! I'd rather get a sunburn and see my team win than go back to my dorm pissed about another loss, swearing not to return.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I remember this game being a very hot, early afternoon game where the sun started going down and shaded the Mean Green Sideline by halftime, and just left the Ball St. sideline to BAKE for the second half where they just wore down while NT chipped away at their lead.

Apogee can be an incredible home field advantage if we kick off those early September games around 2:00 - 3:00.   Of course, it sucks for the students over there having to deal with the heat/sun too... but hey! I'd rather get a sunburn and see my team win than go back to my dorm pissed about another loss, swearing not to return.

I was a student at that game. Can confirm I was absolutely roasted, but ecstatic with the win. 2013 was my first football season at UNT (transferred in the spring) and I thought that's how it would be every year. Little did I know the crushing disappointment that was to come 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

the Laramie Lee game... that dude wrecked people left and right all day!

and it's one of the few times you could visibly see an opponents confidence just start to wane throughout the game... I think they were ready to get on the bus and head back home at the start of the 4th qtr.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Dont get me wrong, Mac had his problems, but man he could get you fired up. He would chew out refs, players, and then make you want to run through a wall for him. Wish SL would have some kind of energy. He's so flat, it almost makes you want to take a nap for him instead. 

All good when you're winning.  When you're losing, you're an old man yelling at clouds.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2