Long winded response to a couple of questions

fbcoach

12 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

What happens if you remove Cincy, UCF and UH and plug in the other schools that are coming with us. How would we look in THAT AAC?

Valid point. We would have had the 6th highest class in the AAC based on Avg.

image.png.42b0ae73831a88d7feb4c35d4921150f.png

For what it's worth, Sanders recruited a higher "Avg Rating" than any team in CUSA or the AAC

image.png.d8b2f70b41775e9514220b8eee7ce7db.png

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Valid point. We would have had the 6th highest class in the AAC based on Avg.

image.png.42b0ae73831a88d7feb4c35d4921150f.png

For what it's worth, Sanders recruited a higher "Avg Rating" than any team in CUSA or the AAC

image.png.d8b2f70b41775e9514220b8eee7ce7db.png

Man. That actually makes me feel better about where we are…..if we get the right guy at the helm…..

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Mac Engel of the Ft Worth Star-Telegram was on 105.3 The Fan this morning and said if he had to pick right now he would say Dykes will end up filling the TCU opening and McGuire would take the Texas Tech job.

Garrett Riley takes the reigns at SMU, and Seth Littrell becomes OC at TCU?
Sign me up.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I might be a little nervous if I'm SMU....Dykes and his strategy has really got SMU going again, but they're just one coach removed from being a middle of the road G5. (I know....I would love to be a middle of the road G5 right now) 

But they can very easily fall back down and it can happen quickly.

Who has been the key player in the success of the recruiting and transfers? If Dykes does go to TCU, RS will probably be in line to get a nice promotion and raise from SMU or TCU.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Mac Engel of the Ft Worth Star-Telegram was on 105.3 The Fan this morning and said if he had to pick right now he would say Dykes will end up filling the TCU opening and McGuire would take the Texas Tech job.

I think SMU is looking at the long haul for moving up the food chain. They have to show commitment and one of the ways to show commitment is to keep and support the current HC. They have the funds and I think they have the desire.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I think SMU is looking at the long haul for moving up the food chain. They have to show commitment and one of the ways to show commitment is to keep and support the current HC. They have the funds and I think they have the desire.

I also think qb Mordica coming back is a big reason to stay.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Greenrex said:

They'll have to give Dykes a huge raise if that happens.  He was making about a half million less than SL in base salary last year.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have evidence to back up claims of him being a good recruiter?  Obviously he has connections with other Texas HS coaches, but has that actually turned into any better recruiting for Baylor?  It looks like Baylor typically finishes between 3rd and 5th in the Big 12 when it comes to recruiting rankings and that's been true even before McGuire arrived. 

I would say that since RG3 Baylor has been much more competitive with in state recruiting, and on paper you would think adding a well regarded HS coach like McGuire would be beneficial, but are there actual examples of athletes they have landed that they might not have if he wasn't there? 

I'm just wondering where that narrative is coming from other than by saying he has connections with other coaches.  Maybe a player would take a visit because their coach is suggesting it, but more often than not decisions are made with more influence from family than their HS coach.

• Thanks 1