‘22 DB Kobe Savage - Tyler JC

97and03

https://247sports.com/player/kobe-savage-46127977/

High School video:

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kobe-savage/gupS1juUEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm?videoid=395817e0-f341-4c38-9348-c86ae749ab51

5' 10"  205lbs. Plays primarily safety per the video.

Also holds offers from, per 247, Eastern Kentucky, Gardner Webb, Lamar, Northern Iowa, Northwestern St., SEMO, Southern IL,  TN St., A&M Commerce, UTPB and UTEP.

Twitter also shows offers from Kent State and Northern Arizona.

Like his video and per the conversation in the other thread, I don't worry too much about his offer list as JUCO's aren't being recruited near as much with the introduction of the Transfer Portal.  The JUCO route could provide great opportunities for us to quickly add talent that is being overlooked.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Tyler-JC-standout-Kobe-Savage-talks-recruitment-North-Texas-Mean-GReen-football-UNT-interest-175014112/

At 5-foot-11 and 197 pounds with impressive speed, Savage brings a wealth of athleticism, energy, and experience to a secondary looking to add a player with a chip on his shoulder.

In the thick of his recruitment, Savage made it clear that there are a few schools already standing out.

"I'll definitely be visiting Old Dominion, North Texas, Kent State, UTEP, and Northern Arizona,” Savage said. “Things could change, but those schools are pretty firm. I'm keeping my options open, but I do expect after visits I will make a decision.

• 3 weeks later...

High School: Two-year letter winner in football and three-year letter winner in track at Paris High School... Played both quarterback and safety in high school... Recorded 28 touchdowns, 1,568 yards rushing and 986 yards passing on offense and 107 tackles, eight pass breakups, two interceptions, four tackles for loss and a forced fumble on defense... Was named All-District and was a team captain... Was a member of the National Honor Society... Team won the District, Bi-District and Area Championships.

Personal: Son of Da’on Savage and Stacey Moore... Born Feb. 12, 2001.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Glad we aren’t neglecting the JUCO studs.

Do you foresee the remainder of the '22 Class being JUCO's and transfers to help balance our roster per classification?  If not, we will have to sign a class of somewhere around 60 in a couple of years.😂

• RV 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Do you foresee the remainder of the '22 Class being JUCO's and transfers to help balance our roster per classification?  If not, we will have to sign a class of somewhere around 60 in a couple of years.😂

Probably mostly. Although JD Head is a transfer who adds to our roster classification imbalance (another current freshman). I definitely think we add some high school recruits in February once we have a better idea on who on our current roster enters the portal, December I expect JUCOs and transfers.

• Upvote 3

I will say, based on the his highlight tape, this young man has some wheels.  I wouldn't mind seeing a few Wildcat formations where we have two RB's, Savage at QB and run the option.  I am 99.9999999999% sure that will never occur.

• RV 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I will say, based on the his highlight tape, this young man has some wheels.  I wouldn't mind seeing a few Wildcat formations where we have two RB's, Savage at QB and run the option.  I am 99.9999999999% sure that will never occur.

Was thinking the same!

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Kansas State just offered him. It will be interesting to see what happens down the stretch. Early signing day is Wednesday.

Vito’s article made it sound like they offered him on his visit but he said he felt like he was their fallback option so he chose us. We’ll see how true that was.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Vito’s article made it sound like they offered him on his visit but he said he felt like he was their fallback option so he chose us. We’ll see how true that was.

Yeah, I hope we can hang on to him. I remember reading those comments as well.