Realignment Opinions From The Media

Salsa_Verde

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/10/19/22733696/aac-conference-realignment-rumors-reignite-american-athletic-conference-expansion-conference-usa

Overall I like to read Underdog Dynasty but I have always noticed they don’t have a high opinion of North Texas. If someone else had followed them and disagrees I’m open to hearing your opinion. Interestingly enough a person in the comments section did a way better breakdown than the actual article 

CF049E1A-EE83-47F6-9FCD-5E0D6F9AE4F4.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/10/19/22733696/aac-conference-realignment-rumors-reignite-american-athletic-conference-expansion-conference-usa

Overall I like to read Underdog Dynasty but I have always noticed they don’t have a high opinion of North Texas. If someone else had followed them and disagrees I’m open to hearing your opinion. Interestingly enough a person in the comments section did a way better breakdown than the actual article 

The comment from the random poster had more information and insight than the actual writer of the article. The writer made no mention of facilities, athletic budget, fan attendance, etc. Just said it was a surprise we got in because we've sucked at football recently and is only based on location. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

The comment from the random poster had more information and insight than the actual writer of the article. The writer made no mention of facilities, athletic budget, fan attendance, etc. Just said it was a surprise we got in because we've sucked at football recently and is only based on location. 

As I pointed out in another thread, the writer of the article doesn't even understand Texas geography or culture.

UNT is in Denton, so it's a small market. SMU is in Dallas, so they're bound to get the city's support all the way to the Big XII!

Again, tell me you know nothing about Texas without telling me you know nothing about Texas.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Underdog Dynasty definitely has it in for us. It's constant negative press unless we're winning 10 games. Even the positive stuff is spun to have a "but if X happens, then it's gonna die a horrible death" section in it.

Well, we haven't won 10 games in a season since 1977, so if that's the hurdle to leap over to get them to be positive, we are gonna be waiting for a looonnnggg time.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed that

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I thought the same things. Like I said this page routinely does stuff like this. I’ve followed it back since 2017 and it’s par for the course by now 

• Upvote 1