C-USA down to 3 teams?

Harry

1 minute ago, TIgreen01 said:

Once CUSA started talking about pulling up even more FCS schools, with SHSU at the top of that list, I was all for its implosion.  Texas has too many FBS teams as-is.  I guess at this point LaTech and UTEP have to be looking to go independent, right?  Maybe FIU drops down.  They have to have the worst supported (by attendance) athletics program in the country…why keep pushing a square peg…?

happy birthday GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I know there are hurt feelings and pride involved, but the remaining 3 should go to the Belt.  It would be beneficial to all involved.

They should go AAC. Only folks I see saying add them are from AAC. Sun Belt has made its picks. 

The ONLY hope CUSA3 have is for NCAA to tie a pork chop around their neck like NCAA did with Sun Belt when American South merged with them, take all and you get their basketball units along with your own. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 9

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You gotta think a bunch of SBC Presidents are getting together and trying to plot how they can boot ULM & grab LATech.   I know I would.

Nope. Maybe that’s the big city way but you don’t stab folks who have been there for you when the feces hit the fan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

As we already knew, its a dead conference. Feel bad for UTEP though as they deserve better. Couldn’t be any happier that this has happened to LA Tech lol

Even better that they did it to themselves over a really petty feud over a number of years. It's honestly pretty hilarious.  How many times are you gonna shoot yourself in the foot over a small rivalry?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You mean bystanding, and dragging everyone down?

When Tech bailed and we needed enough schools to be a league ULM was there. When the NCAA mandated 8 full members we survived thanks to ULM. 

ULM has three P5 wins I can think of off the top of my head as a Sun Belt member and just a few weeks ago beat Liberty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You mean bystanding, and dragging everyone down?

Well ULM did beat Liberty this year, who beat ODU, UAB,MTSU, and UNT. ULL is standing beside ULM on the issue of La. Tech, who just learned what goes around comes around. They treated both schools like trailer trash for years  and are getting their comeuppance. The SBC party line is that they don't need a third school in Louisiana.Now if the Bulldogs had played well with others it could have been a different story.

• Upvote 2