Some Names That Interest Me

UNTLifer

1. Gary Patterson is the dream hire

2. Skip Holtz would be a very solid hire

3.) Keeler would be a very sensible hire

4.) Graham Harrell would be a reasonable hire

5.) Joey McGuire would be a rational hire so you can copy the UTSA model

6.) Todd Graham would be a disloyal hire, leaving ASAP for anything better in his mind

7.) Kendal Briles would be a controversial hire

8.) Keeping SK would be a cheap move

Odds are best right now on 8 and then 4.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

1. Gary Patterson is the dream hire

2. Skip Holtz would be a very solid hire

3.) Keeler would be a very sensible hire

4.) Graham Harrell would be a reasonable hire

5.) Joey McGuire would be a rational hire so you can copy the UTSA model

6.) Todd Graham would be a disloyal hire, leaving ASAP for anything better in his mind

7.) Kendal Briles would be a controversial hire

8.) Keeping SK would be a cheap move

Odds are best right now on 8 and then 4.

Good list but I would  include Fuente and Norvell since Wren knew them From his time at Memphis.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Frost and Mullens may soon be available. Maybe not for us but there will definitely be a ripple effect. Would Sonny go to Florida?

I would take Frost in a heartbeat. Yes, they are currently 3-6 but they've hung tough with some pretty good teams including losing by less than a touchdown against the 4, 5, and 9 ranked teams in the country. Pressure is mounting on him in Lincoln and despite what was said early in the season, it now looks like he might not survive it after this latest loss to Purdue. And as we of course already know, he knows how to build up a G5 team. Sign me up if he's available. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Good list but I would  include Fuente and Norvell since Wren knew them From his time at Memphis.

Will they be available?  The rumor mill is swirling, more around Fuente, but who knows at this point.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

If a team like Georgia Southern can hire the guy who started the season as the Head Coach of USC with a record of 46-24, a Rose Bowl win & top 5 ranking only 5 years ago... the sky's the limit for NT.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If a team like Georgia Southern can hire the guy who started the season as the Head Coach of USC with a record of 46-24, a Rose Bowl win & top 5 ranking only 5 years ago... the sky's the limit for NT.

Definitely raises the bar

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

I’d like Keeler alot. Hes a winner and supposed to be a good guy

Carthel is definitely a very strong option and one of the top candidates I believe

Wouldn’t touch Graham. Mom knows him fron HS and I’ve met him. Hes a total sleezebag and would bail on us the first chance he gets for a better job

HELL NO on Kevin Sumlin. Lots of Aggies in my family plus I love A&M and he’s a pitiful coach. Kingsbury, Manziel and Evans made him and he went downhill from there. And I remember at A&M and Arizona there were plenty of videos of him hammered after big losses and having to be helped to his room

Clay Helton needs to learn how to be a HC under someone else first

Holtz wouldn’t leave LA Tech I don’t think unless its a bigger job

Petersen would be amazing but i feel like he’s really enjoying retirement and he makes more sense in the Northwest

Fuente is a coach with some connections to the North Texas area and Wren Baker and I’d be interested in getting

Deion would bring a media circus with him and he’s not proven anything yet

Rich Rod has a long history of being difficult to work with and choking in big games

So we are worry about a coach leaving because he has been successful??? With Graham follow the UTSA model $7.5 buy out! He has won at many different levels.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Two questions: 1) what is GS's budget?, and 2) what will be Helton's pay?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

My point is hes a dbag. And hes also failed at many levels. There is no consistency with him

Out of all the Candidates mentioned at the G5,P5 level he has a 104 - 70 record. The only one higher is Patterson at 181-79. Win loss records should at least get people in the door for an interview.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Out of all the Candidates mentioned at the G5,P5 level he has a 104 - 70 record. The only one higher is Patterson at 181-79. Win loss records should at least get people in the door for an interview.

Not saying it shouldn’t. And hell if he came in and won then id be plenty happy. I just don’t see it happening

• Upvote 1

I'd like to know the name of the person or persons responsible for evaluating and then recommending the last two coaches that Baylor has hired.  I would like Wren to get  him/them on the phone and pick their brains and see if they are generous enough to evaluate our program and then make recommendations for North Texas. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I'd like to know the name of the person or persons responsible for evaluating and then recommending the last two coaches that Baylor has hired.  I would like Wren to get  him/them on the phone and pick their brains and see if they are generous enough to evaluate our program and then make recommendations for North Texas. 

A lot of schools have firms that actually give recommendations. 

• Upvote 2