Some Names That Interest Me

UNTLifer

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

No one can out coach recruiting.

Find me the guy who knows how to recruit and can hire good recruiters.  

I feel our main problem is that when we've had some success in the past, the staff wasn't able to elevate recruiting enough to sustain it.  

I agree, but I just want to point out that you've been pretty silent as the last year or two unfolded while recruiting has picked up.

Do you have any thoughts to share on the last couple seasons? Seems like a big ol' kick in the Mean Green balls that we finally figure out recruiting but our leader just falls apart in every other facet.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hoping Jerrah elevates Moore and let’s McCarthy go. 

Yeah I'm guessing Kellen Moore is about to become the highest paid OC probably in NFL history if he doesn't take an NFL job.

I think Josh McDaniel makes about $4 mil a year. I wouldn't be surprised if Moore gets $5 mil or so to stay as OC. No salary cap on coaching salaries

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Pluck Holtz from LaTech 

Holtz has been a consistent winner, although they are bad this year. Talk to the La Tech fans, and because their level of expectations is 7-8 wins and a bowl victory, they are ready to send Skip packing due to his conservative nature in big games. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, untjim1995 said:

Leavitt is a poor man’s version of Gary Patterson. I’d take him in a heartbeat…

Well ,we certainly would want ethics to get in the way of a good coach. In what world does a supervisor in any industry choke ,hit an employee more than once,  lie and try to cover it up become a candidate for the same position at another company. Let's at least hold out for someone fired for a less egregious offense such as sexual harassment , DUI, or paying  players. Petty theft might look good on a resume as well.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

59 minutes ago, wardly said:

Well ,we certainly would want ethics to get in the way of a good coach. In what world does a supervisor in any industry choke ,hit an employee more than once,  lie and try to cover it up become a candidate for the same position at another company. Let's at least hold out for someone fired for a less egregious offense such as sexual harassment , DUI, or paying  players. Petty theft might look good on a resume as well.

Yeah.   There’s a reason he isn’t a HC at a school.  Kinda like Briles.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

On 11/1/2021 at 12:31 PM, Wag Tag said:

104-70 has area ties.. Todd Graham

I think he has some baggage but has proven to be an elite recruiter and can build.  Would not be the top name but should be a name on the short list.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think he has some baggage but has proven to be an elite recruiter and can build.  Would not be the top name but should be a name on the short list.

Dude is a has-been having burning bridges left and right along the way.

I think we can do better then his 2007-2010 era with someone else.

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, golfingomez said:

I wish Eric Morris had a breakout year at ICW, then i would be all in on him

Reports have him headed to Washington St.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/wsu-football-team-reportedly-hiring-eric-morris-as-offensive-coordinator-clay-mcguire-as-offensive-line-coach/

On 11/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, wardly said:

Happens in finance all the time:)