One advantage we have for Gary

greengal

He could keep his place in Ft. Worth and drive to us easily.  I think everyone knows Kansas and West Virginia will all want him but they are far away.  Gary would be not a great but phenomenal hire for us.  Guy is a winner.  Just my two cents.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

It is interesting how many want a Defensive minded coach for UNT. Well we could not find a better one than coach Pat. I think Fuente may be the back up for Dykes at TCU. Could also see SMU going for Fuente if they loose Sonny. There is going to be alot of Coaches available. Very exciting.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, denton_days said:

This may depend on how much I-35 construction is going on

Since I live in Fort Worth, I would volunteer to drive him up there several days out of the week.  You're right, it all depends on how the I-35 construction goes. My commute to games has gone from about 35 mins a few years ago to closer to an hour going the same route. So now I go straight up boat club road (one block from my home) to 718, then to Newark, then to Rhome, then to 407 and east all the way to 35....and Paradise Liquors.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Since I live in Fort Worth, I would volunteer to drive him up there several days out of the week.  You're right, it all depends on how the I-35 construction goes. My commute to games has gone from about 35 mins a few years ago to closer to an hour going the same route. So now I go straight up boat club road (one block from my home) to 718, then to Newark, then to Rhome, then to 407 and east all the way to 35....and Paradise Liquors.

Ugh.   
Seems like the 35-820 interchange has been under construction for about 2 decades.  This area is a complete nightmare between the hours of 5:00AM - 9:00PM.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson take a year off to decompress.   
20 years at 1 job, pouring everything you have into it, seeing a ton of success along the way, only to be unceremoniously kicked to the curb might take a toll on a guy mentally.

But yeah, absolutely contact his people!

He is making $6.5 million a year, burned out, and i am thinking done with coaching, nothing else to prove.

• Upvote 4

So....if Gary Patterson wants to retire and live a heckuva comfortable life with lots of money....he can certainly do that. 

If he still has the fire (only person that knows that is Gary Patterson) he has a few options:

He can float himself out there for a P5 job. I think some programs would certainly look at him.

He can maybe look at being a DC at a P5...maybe a blue chip. (Would an LSU or USC or Florida or something try that?)

He can jump into a G5 (some interesting things happen if Dykes goes to TCU....could they swap?)

If he were to go the G5 route.....and he has an ego.......and a fire......what would that say about his legacy if he were to build TCU into what it is....only to turn around and do that again....with a school like UNT. Some people are into that kind of thing. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So....if Gary Patterson wants to retire and live a heckuva comfortable life with lots of money....he can certainly do that. 

If he still has the fire (only person that knows that is Gary Patterson) he has a few options:

He can float himself out there for a P5 job. I think some programs would certainly look at him.

He can maybe look at being a DC at a P5...maybe a blue chip. (Would an LSU or USC or Florida or something try that?)

He can jump into a G5 (some interesting things happen if Dykes goes to TCU....could they swap?)

If he were to go the G5 route.....and he has an ego.......and a fire......what would that say about his legacy if he were to build TCU into what it is....only to turn around and do that again....with a school like UNT. Some people are into that kind of thing. 

I don't mind being Patterson's version of Tom Brady's Buccaneers.
I227JTZXQRGNVESXQ6W26ML3AQ.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2