Could be a big year for coaching changes

greengal

9 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Its a huge year for coaching changes. USC, LSU, Tech, TCU, WSU, UConn, Georgia Southern are all already open

UNT, SMU(if Dykes leaves), Virginia Tech, Stanford, Nebraska, FIU, Miami, USF, FSU, Colorado and god knows how many more could all be looking for new HCs this offseason.

UNT must get this right

Glad you mentioned FIU because I have a strong feeling Butch Davis retires soon. Didn’t have a press conference this past weekend, which is rare.

CUSA will be interesting next year

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Seems like it would be good to go ahead and make room now? Why wait until the end of the year? Is it financial?

Yes, Littrell's buyout drops significantly the day the season ends. At this point, feels like they are waiting to do it at the end of the season to save some money. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yes, Littrell's buyout drops significantly the day the season ends. At this point, feels like they are waiting to do it at the end of the season to save some money. 

I keep hearing this argument...
The buyout might change at the end of the year, but he's still being paid per game this season.  So you either continue to pay him for this season, then pay the lower buyout at the end of the season, or pay the higher buyout now, but stop paying his salary.   
What's the difference between those amounts? 
Is it so much that you take the risk losing a bunch of good players to the portal?

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I keep hearing this argument...
The buyout might change at the end of the year, but he's still being paid per game this season.  So you either continue to pay him for this season, then pay the lower buyout at the end of the season, or pay the higher buyout now, but stop paying his salary.   
What's the difference between those amounts? 
Is it so much that you take the risk losing a bunch of good players to the portal?

While I can't answer that, it has to be some way that the contract is structured and paid out. 

I'm honestly not worried about losing players. We see all the time how players follow coaches to their new school, a bump in recruiting due to a coaching change, etc. I'll leave it to the new coach to figure that out. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Im fine with firing him once the season is over, I just want it announced like what LSU and Orgeron did where hes done but he can finish the season if he’d like

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

While I can't answer that, it has to be some way that the contract is structured and paid out. 

I'm honestly not worried about losing players. We see all the time how players follow coaches to their new school, a bump in recruiting due to a coaching change, etc. I'll leave it to the new coach to figure that out. 

I’m not worried about losing players either. I’m more worried about losing a good coach. Going to be competitive this off-season.  

(maybe we can assume that behind the scenes, this is already happening?)

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Im fine with firing him once the season is over, I just want it announced like what LSU and Orgeron did where hes done but he can finish the season if he’d like

I agree. Announce that both parties "Reached a mutual decision to part ways at the end of the season" so fans can get excited for the future again. Even on this site, we see people arguing about whether Littrell will be back next season or not. 

10 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not worried about losing players either. I’m more worried about losing a good coach. Going to be competitive this off-season.  

(maybe we can assume that behind the scenes, this is already happening?)

I'm sure it is but once again, I'm not worried about this. I'll leave it to the Head Coach to assemble his cast. Even guys that may not have thought they would be leaving their current school/position may change their minds when they see the coach and resources they have to work with. 

• Thanks 2