TCU fires Patterson

meangreen11

51 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

TCU lets Patterson go, most winning coach in TCU history but not that impressive over the last few years.  Yeah at UNT we keep our six year coach because he has done so much for the program.

Yep..thats how pathetic UNT is in regards to football. A loser mentality that is completely fine with being garbage and letting it remain if someone is a good guy

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Yep..thats how pathetic UNT is in regards to football. A loser mentality that is completely fine with being garbage and letting it remain if someone is a good guy

Pony up his buyout then. We literally save 2 million, we don't really have on-hand, to do it at the end of the year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Pony up his buyout then. We literally save 2 million, we don't really have on-hand, to do it at the end of the year. 

Ive got a better idea! Maybe don’t throw a bunch of money at a HC who in every big game(minus Arkansas) in his first 3 seasons he either lost or got blown out in. He was never deserving of the kind of buy out or salary he received after just two back-to-back 9 win seasons and a clear gap being shown between the best in conference and us. 

All i ask is make it known you’re done with him and begin looking for your next HC.

Also do you know how much Dan McCarneys buyout was? $2mil and we fired him mid-season

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Ive got a better idea! Maybe don’t throw a bunch of money at a HC who in every big game(minus Arkansas) in his first 3 seasons he either lost or got blown out in. He was never deserving of the kind of buy out or salary he received after just two back-to-back 9 win seasons and a clear gap being shown between the best in conference and us. 

All i ask is make it known you’re done with him and begin looking for your next HC.

Also do you know how much Dan McCarneys buyout was? $2mil and we fired him mid-season

You have been here hours "officially" so you might be a bit late on common knowledge... and not to deter from that commitment to join GMG.  FYI... I am not the AD, or an employee of, so I didn't and wasn't responsible for his extension. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

You have been here hours "officially" so you might be a bit late on common knowledge... and not to deter from that commitment to join GMG.  FYI... I am not the AD, or an employee of, so I didn't and wasn't responsible for his extension. 

Actually I joined before but because of the pure idiocy i saw here i quit using my account and hadn’t been on here for a couple years. Just joined again to see if this had gotten any better.

I never said you were responsible nor did i imply it..my point was that it never should’ve happened. Never once accused you of being involved.

Edited by MeanGreen4Life1998
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Actually I joined before but because of the pure idiocy i saw here i quit using my account and hadn’t been on here for a couple years. Just joined again to see if this had gotten any better.

I never said you were responsible nor did i imply it..my point was that it never should’ve happened. Never once accused you of being involved.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a1f29f25ce736e13ef

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Happy Birthday Love GIF by Dolly Parton

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Marty said:

He’s been very critical of TCU fans, could only imagine how he’d treat the ones at NT.

One reason he was critical of TCU fans was he thought way too many were coming to Amon Carter Stadium just to tailgate.  
Wonder what he’d say about the Hill while Mean Green games were in session? 😊

• Upvote 1

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Spot on analysis of GPs eye 4 talent and developmental abilities."

untjim1995 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

13 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Personality wise, he's more like Dan McCarney than Hayden Fry. But I get your meaning.  Only Coach Pattersons non-football talent is playing the guitar. Dan McCarneys was Vodka taster.

Patterson can take a 2-3* kid who is a running back and turn him into a DLinemen that becomes an All-American. He has that kind of eye. And his style of coaching is hard, but it works well at a place that isn’t a known for a lot of talent.

Gary Patterson would be an incredible hire here.

#hireGary

• Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Patterson can take a 2-3* kid who is a running back and turn him into a DLinemen that becomes an All-American. He has that kind of eye. And his style of coaching is hard, but it works well at a place that isn’t a known for a lot of talent.

Gary Patterson would be an incredible hire here.

#hireGary

Hmm, sounds like the Cedric Hardeman story. He came to NT as a DB/RB and was playing DE by his junior year. Now, the question is, which coach had the foresight to suggest the move.

Just a guess, but part of his success in "repurposing" players like that is his reputation as a successful evaluator of talent. Players tend to make that kind of position shift when they have confidence in the coach making the suggestion. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmm, sounds like the Cedric Hardeman story. He came to NT as a DB/RB and was playing DE by his junior year. Now, the question is, which coach had the foresight to suggest the move.

Just a guess, but part of his success in "repurposing" players like that is his reputation as a successful evaluator of talent. Players tend to make that kind of position shift when they have confidence in the coach making the suggestion. 

And just as he showed at TCU before the Big XII days, his style really worked on the kids who aren’t spoiled prima Donna’s, which a Power Team gets as they become successful.

GP would be a grand slam here.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1