The SBC...

NorthTexasWeLove

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Don't get me wrong the Sun Belt is on a hot streak. But only Appalachian State has proven to be a winner even with coaching changes

A-State. Yes, they're on a down year, but who has changed more at the G5 level and sustained? Boise, I guess. That's it. 

I just think we'll see them really catapult. We like our new home, and as do I, but we need to examine ourselves while looking at our travel brethren from the old CUSA. 

• Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

A-State. Yes, they're on a down year, but who has changed more at the G5 level and sustained? Boise, I guess. That's it. 

I just think we'll see them really catapult. We like our new home, and as do I, but we need to examine ourselves while looking at our travel brethren from the old CUSA. 

A-State --11 years 5 coaches - And Anderson was there 7 years. Wow

image.png.541a973c7622979d46f73b327818d12e.png

Sustaining is HARD in G5.

Until last year AState had a 9 year bowl appearance streak, that was third longest in G5 with San Diego State one appearance ahead of us at 10 and Boise’s at 22. Their 22 year streak was 11th all-time and best ever for a G5. All three of us fell out last year.

Currently there is an equal number of G5 and P5 but the 10 longest all-time streaks belong to P5. Coming into this year, the 11 longest active bowl appearance streaks are P5.

22 schools carried bowl appearance streaks of four or more years into this season, 17 are P5.

La.Tech and Memphis currently lead G5 with 7 season streaks. Tech’s ends with one more loss, Memphis has to win two of the last four to stay alive.

Meanwhile UGA and OU have streaks more than 3x as long and they’ve clinched another year. 

Of the 11 schools ahead of Tech and Memphis in active streaks Miami at 4-4 is the only one in any danger of not extending their streak.

The margin for error for G5 programs is far smaller than for P5 programs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arkstfan said:

Sustaining is HARD in G5.

Until last year AState had a 9 year bowl appearance streak, that was third longest in G5 with San Diego State one appearance ahead of us at 10 and Boise’s at 22. Their 22 year streak was 11th all-time and best ever for a G5. All three of us fell out last year.

Currently there is an equal number of G5 and P5 but the 10 longest all-time streaks belong to P5. Coming into this year, the 11 longest active bowl appearance streaks are P5.

22 schools carried bowl appearance streaks of four or more years into this season, 17 are P5.

La.Tech and Memphis currently lead G5 with 7 season streaks. Tech’s ends with one more loss, Memphis has to win two of the last four to stay alive.

Meanwhile UGA and OU have streaks more than 3x as long and they’ve clinched another year. 

Of the 11 schools ahead of Tech and Memphis in active streaks Miami at 4-4 is the only one in any danger of not extending their streak.

The margin for error for G5 programs is far smaller than for P5 programs.

I should have mentioned you guys with App State. The success you have had with the changes at coach is impressive

MWC is the strongest G5 with AAC losses to big 12. SBC has recency bias going for them, but please tell me their strongest win OOC. Kansas?? ESPN has created this perception for them. Mwc is .500 against the pac 12 this year with 8 games played. 

MWC>>new AAC>SBC>MAC

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

The teams moving to the Sun Belt are currently 8-16 on the season. The AAC adds are 27-21.

Sun Belt added a couple programs with histories in Marshall and Southern Miss, but that’s about it. There’s a reason they added after the AAC and not before. 

JMU fits the Sun Belt model perfectly. Very successful FCS with national profile in at other sports. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Waiting for evidence of any mid-major program what has sustained its football success over 5 years, let alone an entire conference.   Boise had a good run, but didn't last a coaching change.

So why do you care about a conference that your not in and don't play teams from?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, shaft said:

Waiting for evidence of any mid-major program what has sustained its football success over 5 years, let alone an entire conference.   Boise had a good run, but didn't last a coaching change.

So why do you care about a conference that your not in and don't play teams from?

Boise's record from 2000 through last year is 219 - 45.  They are 5 - 2 this year.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, shaft said:

Boise 22 year bowl streak, bowl eligible like 25-26 straight years, SDSU 10 year bowl streak, AState 9, La Tech 7, Memphis 7. 

• Upvote 2