I think it's safe to say ...

El Paso Eagle

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

What I want has absolutely nothing to do with whether Littrell will return.  I doubt you have any more influence. 

What we think is not a factor.

What matters is the record, if he wins 6 and probably 5; he is likely to return.  

For the record, I will never hope NT loses because of some type of conceived long term gain.  

So you'd rather us win 6 games, keep Seth, and remain in mediocrity, at. Best?  Pretty selfish but ok. Good for you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You actually think I want McCasland to lose?   I have no idea what your last statement means, but I would have hoped you would have been smarter than to make it. 

Seriously?  YOU are the one who made the McCasland comparison. You seem to be the only one who isn't understanding my statement, soooooo....

Edited by Rudy

58 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

He is not going to win out. Beat a few of the worst teams in football is not a factor. He has had 6 years to get his shit together time to move on. 

Did anyone anywhere say NT is going to win out.  

That was a response to someone who stated that there is no way Seph will be back.

If NT wins the rest of the games, there is no significant chance Littrell will be terminated. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Did anyone anywhere say NT is going to win out.  

That was a response to someone who stated that there is no way Seph will be back.

If NT wins the rest of the games, there is no significant chance Littrell will be terminated. 

Exactly, which is why NT winning out is NOT in the best interest of the program or the University. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

So you'd rather us win 6 games, keep Seth, and remain in mediocrity, at. Best?  Pretty selfish but ok. Good for you. 

Is that a question?  

Yes, I would very much like NT to win 6 games.

Not sure why you consider that opinion as selfish.  

Selfish or stupid IMO would be to hope NT loses out were Littrell will be sure to be fired.   To hell with the players, staff, and people who think you play games to win.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Is that a question?  

Yes, I would very much like NT to win 6 games.

Not sure why you consider that opinion as selfish.  

Selfish or stupid IMO would be to hope NT loses out were Littrell will be sure to be fired.   To hell with the players, staff, and people who think you play games to win.  

You're inability to grasp this concept is amazing. Truly, I'm actually impressed. Bravo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

It is not the concept that I have trouble with, it is the fact any fan could express his team losing multiple games is a good thing. 

I am not going to make this too personal, but do really want to question anyone's intellect?

It's been explained. Question my intellect all you want. Let me see if I can't put this so you understand. 

Keeping Seth is bad for the program and the university. 

Whatever it takes to get the administration to fire Littrell is not necessarily pleasant, but necessary. 

Making a change in head football coach at UNT is good. 

I think we're all happy that NT won yesterday, but we can't root for shallow, meaningless wins if it means keeping Seth. 

No one WANTS to lose. But we can not keep Seth around. Do you understand yet?  If not, maybe someone can explain it in crayon. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It's been explained. Question my intellect all you want. Let me see if I can't put this so you understand. 

Keeping Seth is bad for the program and the university. 

Whatever it takes to get the administration to fire Littrell is not necessarily pleasant, but necessary. 

Making a change in head football coach at UNT is good. 

I think we're all happy that NT won yesterday, but we can't root for shallow, meaningless wins if it means keeping Seth. 

Understand yet?

Actually you questioned my intelligence with "You're inability to grasp this concept is amazing."

Let me keep it simple enough for me to grasp.

You believe losing games is good for the overall NT football program because it increases the chances of a coaching change. 

I will never hope NT loses games to accomplish some off field strategy.

We do not agree and that is fine.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1