Four games to go - How do we finish?

El Paso Eagle

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

My guess is 2-2 down the stretch. Win both road and lose both home 

1. Sat, Nov 6 @ Southern Miss W
  2. Sat, Nov 13 vs UTEP L
  3. Sat, Nov 20 @ Florida International W
  4. Sat, Nov 27 vs UTSA L

Finish at 4-8. Does this keep Seth here one more year? 

I’d love to see them win at home at least once more.  Homecoming would be nice, but that UTSA game would be especially sweet!  

• Upvote 2

We finish the season 5-7. We beat two bad teams in USM and FIU and pull a victory on homecoming against an overrated UTEP. This team hasn’t quit playing hard. We’re just both young and dealing with lots of injuries but there is a lot of fight in this team, which I appreciate. Another unpopular opinion, but it’s my belief Littrell will be back next season due to the points I just made. But next year will be make or break for him. I feel like we finish strong enough and his previous success buys him one more year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

2. Sat, Nov 13 vs UTEP L
  4. Sat, Nov 27 vs UTSA L

Finish at 4-8. Does this keep Seth here one more year? 

I'm not sure three 4-win seasons in a row in today's coaching climate would keep anyone anywhere for another year. Yet, at UNT, it's never easy to tell. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

2. Sat, Nov 13 vs UTEP L
  4. Sat, Nov 27 vs UTSA L

Finish at 4-8. 

Sounds like a good guess.

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Does this keep Seth here one more year? 

No.  Five wins minimum, and I don't think that's enough.  He probably needs to win out, and have at least a competitive showing in a bowl game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I’ll say 3-1. USM and FIU are just bad. UTEP I see little overrated and hopefully having them at home will lead to a team not only playing hard but for God sake disciplined. The UTSA game rivalry game. I’ve seen stranger. But that puts us at 4-1 over back half of season. 5-7 overall but the shine will be on the turd because of the finish.. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You realize that Rice beat UAB last week…so Rife is not all that bad. 

Also, didn’t UTSA beat UNT a few years back to knock us out of the conference run the last game of the season, and it was either their only win, or 1 of just a few. 

there are thing to still look forward to. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Coach_1976 said:

I’ll say 3-1. USM and FIU are just bad. UTEP I see little overrated and hopefully having them at home will lead to a team not only playing hard but for God sake disciplined. The UTSA game rivalry game. I’ve seen stranger. But that puts us at 4-1 over back half of season. 5-7 overall but the shine will be on the turd because of the finish.. 

UTEP should be an interesting game. The have a solid defense (statically top in CUSA but hard to judge based on the schedule they played). On offense they have pretty good receivers, especially Cowing. I worry if our DB's stay banged up they could move the ball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Here's my dream scenario.  The team wins the next three, but Wren still isn't convinced that Seth should stay.   The team, now seeing the possibility that this ship could turn around under a new leader, gets fired up and beats a UTSA team that comes into town undefeated.   

And our fans storm the field, kicking over the KFC buckets on the roadrunner sideline and sending them back to the locker room hungry and sad.  

you forgot to mention talking so much shit to their fans on social media because that’s what I would be doing

Annoying ass fan base…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Here's my dream scenario.  The team wins the next three, but Wren still isn't convinced that Seth should stay.   The team, now seeing the possibility that this ship could turn around under a new leader, gets fired up and beats a UTSA team that comes into town undefeated.   

And our fans storm the field, kicking over the KFC buckets on the roadrunner sideline and sending them back to the locker room hungry and sad.  

Jerry Seinfeld Seriously GIF

• Haha 1

I’m telling you, we are 50/50 at best at firing SL if he gets two more wins. That’s a lot of $$$ for that buyout as we also have other major expenses coming up.

If SL comes back, though, after 4-8 again, the fans will know for certain that 2022 is gonna be a throw away year. It’ll look just like Todd Dodge’s last year and Tony Benford’s last season. And we will lose our ass on attendance.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 4

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’m telling you, we are 50/50 at best at firing SL if he gets two more wins. That’s a lot of $$$ for that buyout as we also have other major expenses coming up.

If SL comes back, though, after 4-8 again, the fans will know for certain that 2022 is gonna be a throw away year. It’ll look just like Todd Dodge’s last year and Tony Benford’s last season. And we will lose our ass on attendance.

As much as that would suck if we move to the AAC in 2024 we probably survive. If we move to the AAC in 2023 and try this it'll take us several years to recover.

• Upvote 1